Idea: updates and unexpected events

Tyrion

Hey guys, to get things moving again (after the holidays)

I suggest getting some new unusual stuff to happen.

Like we had the Airbus crash, the rabbit invasion...

I kinda liked those, as it makes the scenery less static, it makes it really alive. not only in the online community, but also in FSX.

Of course, Andras has to have time to do it.

Some things I was thinking about:

- adding some snow plowers or snow blowers or equipment like that to the airport during these cold winter months

- have an aircraft (for example a small commuter) skid off the runway due to ice...

- close the ramps in the seaplane base also because of ice forming...

- and, something I'm not sure of whether it's possible/not too time consuming: ice forming on the water surface in the seaplane base.

- etc...

These are all winter related events and suggestions, but of course there are other, general, things that can happen...

What do you guys think?

Lars

Hey guys, to get things moving again (after the holidays)

I suggest getting some new unusual stuff to happen.

Like we had the Airbus crash, the rabbit invasion...

I kinda liked those, as it makes the scenery less static, it makes it really alive. not only in the online community, but also in FSX.

Of course, Andras has to have time to do it.

Some things I was thinking about:

- adding some snow plowers or snow blowers or equipment like that to the airport during these cold winter months

- have an aircraft (for example a small commuter) skid off the runway due to ice...

- close the ramps in the seaplane base also because of ice forming...

- and, something I'm not sure of whether it's possible/not too time consuming: ice forming on the water surface in the seaplane base.

- etc...

These are all winter related events and suggestions, but of course there are other, general, things that can happen...

What do you guys think?

Lars

Great thinking Lars. Some of the ideas might indeed be too time consuming for Andras, but never mind that - The great part is that you think, and act, and come up with ideas. I second it all.

I have sent you all a mail about board and meetings and stuff - so check your mails guys.

Thanks Lars for spending the Christmas holidays thinking about AF.

And now its the end of a long long birthday for me. 47 years. thats me now. How the hell did that happen? :lol:

Nice ideas Lars- the last I heard from Andras that there was no updates in the pipeline- don 't read too much into that it feels much more like a wait until the holiday season is over. He also said we are almost at the absolute limit of things due to frame rates

Happy belated birthday Ole!

Hi guys

Compliments of the season to you all. And happy birthday Ole!

It would be great to keep "things" happening like Lars suggested. Mathijs has a fantastic imagination when it comes to this sort of thing and perhaps would be best to specifically approach him as a group to come up with 10 or so "things" and we then add say 5 of our own and take this list to Andras to see which of the 15 are doable from his end. Some bigger elements like a winter theme with icing, closed ramps (with a boom and signs) etc could be developed by Andras over the next 10 or so months and once done it could be then be re-used again and again in the future... Perhaps some isolated flooding in the rainy/summer theme?

Overtime we then build up a small library of elements which then need only to be "plugged-in" by Andras in the future?

He also said we are almost at the absolute limit of things due to frame rates

This is a pretty major issue in my opinion too. I am certain that there is still some leeway left over but not much would be my guess. Andras of course will know. As per my initial thread a little while back perhaps slow down in selling plots from 1 or two a week to something like 1 or two a month (yes, I agree that stopping sales outright is not a good idea) and concurrently start looking a developing a couple of events/things/elements (whatever we decide to call them)?

In my opinion the current board (including Ole) should also take a vote on the selling of existing plots. Do we or don't we email (or just simply ask on the open AF Forum) all plot owners asking them if they would be interested? If there is enough interest it can then later be decided how best to sell them - ebay, internally via Aerosoft etc.

Hi guys

Compliments of the season to you all. And happy birthday Ole!

It would be great to keep "things" happening like Lars suggested. Mathijs has a fantastic imagination when it comes to this sort of thing and perhaps would be best to specifically approach him as a group to come up with 10 or so "things" and we then add say 5 of our own and take this list to Andras to see which of the 15 are doable from his end. Some bigger elements like a winter theme with icing, closed ramps (with a boom and signs) etc could be developed by Andras over the next 10 or so months and once done it could be then be re-used again and again in the future... Perhaps some isolated flooding in the rainy/summer theme?

Overtime we then build up a small library of elements which then need only to be "plugged-in" by Andras in the future?

This is a pretty major issue in my opinion too. I am certain that there is still some leeway left over but not much would be my guess. Andras of course will know. As per my initial thread a little while back perhaps slow down in selling plots from 1 or two a week to something like 1 or two a month (yes, I agree that stopping sales outright is not a good idea) and concurrently start looking a developing a couple of events/things/elements (whatever we decide to call them)?

In my opinion the current board (including Ole) should also take a vote on the selling of existing plots. Do we or don't we email (or just simply ask on the open AF Forum) all plot owners asking them if they would be interested? If there is enough interest it can then later be decided how best to sell them - ebay, internally via Aerosoft etc.

Thanks Konrad. Good ideas and food for thoughts. :)