Christmas Holiday Lunch Mission

Chompski

Hi

I have created a mission and would like someone to test it

Unfortunately I am unable to upload to the Forum so will e-mail it to those interested

It is a self installing mission

Cheers

Paul

Thanks for the offers- emails sent

It is my first mission

You may have to enable changes when you try the mission because despite setting the weather to clear skies you sometimes don't get clear skies- from what i have read a bug with FSX

Cheers again

Thanks for the offers- emails sent

It is my first mission

You may have to enable changes when you try the mission because despite setting the weather to clear skies you sometimes don't get clear skies- from what i have read a bug with FSX

Cheers again

Well I did certainly NOT get clear weather - but I liked that, so I flew in fog, and skies. I like that you have sound - speech also. Nice feature.

But the green arrows to fly towards does not stay where the mission compass points to.

And I cannot end the mission. skated around the lake hither and dither, mission compass pointing all around - but no end.

But I LOVE missions, so THANKS a lot. Please enlighten us on how it was done - and make MORE.... :-)

Thanks Ole

I'II look into green arrows and compass points

Sorry forgot to mention the ending I've gotten so used to it I forgot to say anything- because FSX missions are designed to go from Airport to Airport you technically cannot end a mission with a wild landing- I had two choices make people fly back or let them park up and press escape. I chose the latter because it seemed a bit strange from the story point of view to land then take off without going for the meal- it also felt strange to hit the speed up time option if you wanted to take account of the meal- I could change it- what do you think?

Thanks for looking into it

Thanks Ole

I'II look into green arrows and compass points

Sorry forgot to mention the ending I've gotten so used to it I forgot to say anything- because FSX missions are designed to go from Airport to Airport you technically cannot end a mission with a wild landing- I had two choices make people fly back or let them park up and press escape. I chose the latter because it seemed a bit strange from the story point of view to land then take off without going for the meal- it also felt strange to hit the speed up time option if you wanted to take account of the meal- I could change it- what do you think?

Thanks for looking into it

Cool Thanks for enlighting me... No worries about the ending - just write it in the briefing (and if you already DID - Ill cry from being an ignorant azzwipe) LOL

Thanks for the mission. Nice surroundings to fly around in. And the beloved Beaver.... I love that plane.

You just fed my wanting to make them myself.... sigh - hope Santa can throw in a last minute gift request.... Thanks for the link to the program also.

I posted the last message without adding this so it took less time to get back to Ole

I have used FSAddons fsx mission editor

I started with the free version some of the restrictions made life a bit harder so brought the pay ware version (the free version is usable but the payware has some time saving short cuts)

It is very easy to make a very simple mission but it is a bit harder to add things- although I have managed fairly OK

If memory serves me right then Ruud Faber used it for his Beagle Missions so it can get very complicated

Thanks again

No I didn't put it in the briefing good point- will also add the point about the weather (I can fix this by using some simvar code but I think this is for next time). Once I finish this one I might try an Andras Field goes to Iceland with a few missions there- what do you think?

I posted the last message without adding this so it took less time to get back to Ole

I have used FSAddons fsx mission editor

I started with the free version some of the restrictions made life a bit harder so brought the pay ware version (the free version is usable but the payware has some time saving short cuts)

It is very easy to make a very simple mission but it is a bit harder to add things- although I have managed fairly OK

If memory serves me right then Ruud Faber used it for his Beagle Missions so it can get very complicated

Thanks again

No I didn't put it in the briefing good point- will also add the point about the weather (I can fix this by using some simvar code but I think this is for next time). Once I finish this one I might try an Andras Field goes to Iceland with a few missions there- what do you think?

From Andras Field to Iceland.... I LOVE it. With my new Iceland X, thats going to be tremendous. Bring IT ON! :-)

Hi

Is it OK to email you (Ole/ Matt) with an updated mission to test?- normally would do a patch file but I had to roll back to a previous version- it should overwrite the files

Thanks in advance

Paul

Hi

Is it OK to email you (Ole/ Matt) with an updated mission to test?- normally would do a patch file but I had to roll back to a previous version- it should overwrite the files

Thanks in advance

Paul

Any time.

Hit me!

Hey Chompski!

I haven't had the chance to try your mission yet,

but I've read about your 'problems' getting it to end in the wild.

I don't know the FSAddon mission builder you use,

but I have started building mission myself a long time ago, and never got anywhere,

but using the FSX object placement tool,

I remember using proximity triggers and status checks (or whatever the correct name is) in combination to end a mission.

For example, airspeed below 10 kts within a certain radius of a given point will result in the mission ending successfully.

This way, you can end missions on any possible trigger, not only landing.

As I said, long time ago, and I never endured and got the hang of it,

so I don't know if this is any help to you,

but just wanted to let you know!

Sorry for not getting back to you till now I have been away

Thanks for the ideas I will try next time as that is how I managed to get the message to end the mission to come up- didn't think to put the end mission on doh!

Thanks again

Andras Field to Iceland, Hmmm, sounds good to me. A bit slow today, had a 1st birthday party to attend yesterday, and some how, I still managed to get pretty drunk :blink:

A DC-3 mission.... AF to Reykjavik. or Keflavik.

What can we think of as mission perimeters?

How about a Andras Field competition? :oMake people do missions that includes AF in some way, and hopefully we can build an Andras Field Mission library...

A DC-3 mission.... AF to Reykjavik. or Keflavik.

What can we think of as mission perimeters?

How about a Andras Field competition? :oMake people do missions that includes AF in some way, and hopefully we can build an Andras Field Mission library...

My vote would go Reykjavik due to being in Iceland X

I was going to give you a nice stop over forced by a fuel leak

Any other ideas warmly welcome although was going to start within the next few days while I have some time

Yes to the competition and mission library