Question from info@

Chompski

Hi I have just received this email via info@andrasfield does anyone have a similar spec computer and using Andras Field?

I am interested in purchasing the your software Andras Field, but I read in the technical spec that it is not suitable for Graphics Cards with only 256MB. I am running Windows 7 64 bit and FSX with SP2 Acceleration, using an INTEL Core 2 CPU with 4400@2.00 GHz. and 4GB RAM. The graphics card is a NVIDEA GeForce 7300GS which only has 1727 total graphics memory and 256MB dedicated graphics memory.

Will Andras Field really run so badly on my system?

Hi I have just received this email via info@andrasfield does anyone have a similar spec computer and using Andras Field?

I am interested in purchasing the your software Andras Field, but I read in the technical spec that it is not suitable for Graphics Cards with only 256MB. I am running Windows 7 64 bit and FSX with SP2 Acceleration, using an INTEL Core 2 CPU with 4400@2.00 GHz. and 4GB RAM. The graphics card is a NVIDEA GeForce 7300GS which only has 1727 total graphics memory and 256MB dedicated graphics memory.

Will Andras Field really run so badly on my system?

I would guess that the user would run into big problems due to both the 2.0 Ghz processor, and the 256 mb dedicated ram on the Graphics card... Im not an expert here, but Andras Field DOES pull some G´s frameratewise, and I just dont think it would be a satisfactory experience.

That sounds like a laptop to me. As a gneerly rule of thumb, if its < reccomended specs it just wont work and you'll go balder than me pulling out hair until it does work.

But the email confuses me, a 7300 GS 1727 total and 256Mb graphics memory?

I dont know how to read that. It could mean he's got a 1Gb memory video card or only a 256Mb card. But as wel all know assumptions are the mother of all cockups. I would say it will run but very slowly and all the detail would have to be turned down to get it to run. Mixture of aging CPU and grasphics card = :(

• Deputy Sheriffs

IMHO this configuration is a No Go!

Seems to me to be a Notebook, with slow CPU, slow GPU and in most cases a slow Disk. Using FSX with Andras Field and maybe a not default aircraft, would mean to set all sliders to the far left to get acceptable fps. And that doesn't make sense or looks good.