New taxiway 'Delta'

JSALVA

huh.gif The new taxiway needs a little work, there is a trees in the middle of it.

Regards

The new taxiway, officially called "Connex drive" has no trees on it. Have you tried to restart FSX after applying v.1.09? It should help. Its ready for traffic on my system.^_^

autogen-fix.zip

The new taxiway, officially called "Connex drive" has no trees on it.

Unfortunately not true. Sorry.

It is my fault, I forgot to remove the autogen trees when the new taxiway was built.

Here is a quick fix, all .agn files need to be copied into Andras's texture directory.

autogen-fix.zip

Andras

Sorry for being incorrect, but as I did write; On my system there are no trees - even with full autogen setting I get this Connex Drive.

Connex%20Drive%20-%20no%20trees.jpg

And to all the speculations on why its called Connex Drive.

There are no reference to any real life names in the area. I came up with the name because it connects the lower part with the upper part.... and then I remembered that we had a bus company in my part of Denmark - called Connex, as it connected towns and villages, with busses....

So its that simple.

:D

Just a simple question if you don't mind: what are those ugly yellow trees that I can see on the shots?

Did you change the default vegetation bitmaps somehow?

Andras

blink.gif Not intentionally, in FSX, I recently installed the scenery of Kai Tak by FlyTampa. I do not remember having made more changes (recently).

Regards

There are no reference to any real life names in the area. I came up with the name because it connects the lower part with the upper part.... and then I remembered that we had a bus company in my part of Denmark - called Connex, as it connected towns and villages, with busses....

You're kidding, right? blink.giflaugh.gif

We have the main drag named after Bruce Artwick, the creator of MSFS, a side street named after Pete Dowson, the creator of FSUIPC, and another side street named after subLOGIC, a software company founded by the previously mentioned Bruce Artwick, and the best you can do is Connex, because it "connects" two parts together?

LOL

Well Bruce - sometimes the truth is frighteningly simple!

But - since the name is not on any charts, maps, or anything, Lets put this into the hands of the competent users of Andras Field.

I hereby call a competition.

Come up with a more suitable name for Taxiway Delta.

Come on Bruce - this is your big chance of showing your excellence! Dazzle me with intellect! :blink::lol:

I like connex that's a good name and if you get the real meaning its quite funny, or maybe Andras blvd just because there are no streets named after the air-park it self

No more names even close to 'Andras' please... :wacko:

I don't wanna model my own statue in the airpark, although someone might do it - but only after my sad an unexpected demise (which is not likely to happen in the next 100 years or so)...:rolleyes:

Andras

No more names even close to 'Andras' please... :wacko:

I don't wanna model my own statue in the airpark, although someone might do it - but only after my sad an unexpected demise (which is not likely to happen in the next 100 years or so)...:rolleyes:

Andras

well that is indeed good news, since it is a guaranty to have the Andras Field version 1876.88 (or so) full installer from you :D

well that is indeed good news, since it is a guaranty to have the Andras Field version 1876.88 (or so) full installer from you :D

Hi Moshe,

Certainly, but at the same time I promise I'll stop at 1000.00, or - to be more on the pathetic path - I'll stop whenever I'll be the last one on the field :mad:

Just thinking - not a bad idea - there were months when I was the only one there, so probably it should die like that... (captains leaving the sinking boat last, etc.)

(or maybe the next version will be for MS-Flight version 8 and maybe the Aerosoft sim v.6 - the holographic version of course...)

Andras

How about we call taxi way Delta, Neptune boulevard after Netpune the Roman God of the sea (as it links up to our water runway unsure.gif ) . And also, because of this....

neptune_photo.jpg

Which by the way, we really need in FSX laugh.gif

Come on Bruce - this is your big chance of showing your excellence! Dazzle me with intellect! blink.giflaugh.gif

How about something like Womack Drive, after Bill Womack of ORBX, or Martin Lane, after George Martin of FlyTampa? It should be someone who has made a sizable impact on the flight simulator community. We could even call it Fraps Boulevard, just about everyone uses Fraps.

Hi Moshe,

Certainly, but at the same time I promise I'll stop at 1000.00, or - to be more on the pathetic path - I'll stop whenever I'll be the last one on the field :mad:

Just thinking - not a bad idea - there were months when I was the only one there, so probably it should die like that... (captains leaving the sinking boat last, etc.)

(or maybe the next version will be for MS-Flight version 8 and maybe the Aerosoft sim v.6 - the holographic version of course...)

Andras

I know a nice place just down the street from your house, few steps for you and you are there... AF06! Whenever you feel like the only one left out there just drop by, we'll have a beer and then you can make the 1000.01 release B)

...and about death, a quote from the Wiki:

The butterfly effect is a metaphor that encapsulates the concept of sensitive dependence on initial conditions in chaos theory; namely that small differences in the initial condition of a dynamical system may produce large variations in the long term behavior of the system. Although this may appear to be an esoteric and unusual behavior, it is exhibited by many systems and presenting scenarios involving time travel and "what if" scenarios where one storyline diverges at the moment of a seemingly minor event resulting in two significantly different outcomes.

So, your AF v1.00 is one nice wings flapping, now go figure out the outcome, the sky is no longer a limit :rolleyes: