Cannot move!

AdrianB

Simon, I don't think that would work. Currently the throttle cannot be controlled with a mouse.

Ideally, you need a joystick with a throttle. You can get some with a built in throttle quite cheaply.

Chris

Cheers guys; will this one do?

http://www.amazon.co...83508805&sr=8-3

Also, Can I still control turns and banking etc etc with the keyboard?

Simon

That one should work fine. Ensure you have the serial connection on your PC. I think you should still be able to use the keyboard too, but why would you want to? Far more realistic with a joystick! ;)

Chris

Cheers guys; will this one do?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-T-Flight-Hotas-PS3-compatible/dp/B001DMUCAC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1283508805&sr=8-3

Also, Can I still control turns and banking etc etc with the keyboard?

Simon

That will do just fine.

Something like this:

http://www.amazon.co...83508937&sr=8-1

Cool; that one they can get here for Saturday:) So, I can just detach the throttles and use them only? I don't need to use the joystick to control pitch and bank etc; can that still be done via the keyboard as i am used to minus the throttle...any issues with that sort of set-up? Any FPS loss with a joystick?

Thanks guys for your help this morning. Got the 2d panel to work:) Must say the sounds that come with the bus are great! Start-up; shutdown all seem awesome:)

I am liking it thus far minus the throttle...:) Hopefully get that sorted today!!

Well you can't physically detach the throttles! ;) But you shouldn't have a problem using them independantly. In the FSX control config you can delete the joystick assignments if you find conflicts.

Adding a joystick like that one shouldn't cause FPS loss, though I can't talk from experience as I've always flown with a joystick.

Chris

Well you can't physically detach the throttles! wink.gif But you shouldn't have a problem using them independantly. In the FSX control config you can delete the joystick assignments if you find conflicts.

Adding a joystick like that one shouldn't cause FPS loss, though I can't talk from experience as I've always flown with a joystick.

Chris

lol. Ok; makes sense...will order now. I will sit grounded while I wait and start reading the manauls:)

Thanks again for the help guys; means a lot knowing that you guys are helping us newbies get started!!

Simon

Well you can't physically detach the throttles! wink.gif But you shouldn't have a problem using them independantly. In the FSX control config you can delete the joystick assignments if you find conflicts.

Chris

If indeed the airbusx aerosoft work only with axes, I am disappointed because 100% of the addons are compatible with many keys and simmers still prefer the keys to control. I am sure that Aerosoft will change this system in order to get a wider range of market for this bug with the PMDG 737NG will launch the much more friendly to simmer. And again, probably this bug is already being reviewed in the forums simulation and people should be in doubt about buying. I myself would not have purchased if I knew because I axis joystick with buttons and still use the joy and keys on the keyboard to simulate. This is a particular preference of mine and many friends.

ATT

Giba

Yeah but not many addon aircraft with simulated FADEC system !

For some You even need a registered version of FSUIPC to work (Payware).

Finn

The Eaglesoft Citation X V2 has a FADEC - but it gives you the option to use the keyboard if you want to...

The Eaglesoft Citation X V2 has a FADEC - but it gives you the option to use the keyboard if you want to...

Thats correct, but for their FADEC to work a registered version of FSUIPC is required, otherwise FADEC isn´t really working.

Finn

Thats correct, but for their FADEC to work a registered version of FSUIPC is required, otherwise FADEC isn´t really working.

Finn

Fair point, this is true.

But, i can actually use that plane! :-)

• Aerosoft

Fair point, this is true.

But, i can actually use that plane! :-)

We are not big fans of add-ons that need other add-ons to work. Creates huge support issues and confuses the kind of customers intended for this project. Those customers simply do not know what FSUIPC is.

We are not big fans of add-ons that need other add-ons to work. Creates huge support issues and confuses the kind of customers intended for this project. Those customers simply do not know what FSUIPC is.

So I say: Let the customer choose whether to use a joystick with axis or keyboard.

The addon has to have the option of choice for the customer.

I would love to see this in airbusx biggrin.gif

• Aerosoft

So I say: Let the customer choose whether to use a joystick with axis or keyboard.

The addon has to have the option of choice for the customer.

I would love to see this in airbusx biggrin.gif

yeah but let me assure you that 95% of our customers do use some kind of control device. We'll check it out and got some ideas okay?