Random idea of the day

Hiflyer

Maybe there could be sky writing, or some sort of banner-plane overhead occasionally to announce important events or for advertisements (paid or not) and etc?

How about the occasional events like Airshows, fireworks displays etc?

An Andras field aerobatics team?

Planning and zoning dept?

Aircraft dealership? (connected to the Aerosoft store?)

Real estate agent?

How about the occasional events like Airshows, fireworks displays etc?

Hehe, there is a firework show going on, but it happens on my birthday... sorry...

Andras

Hi Andras,

just completed an approach from the East, that is onto RWY09. I think the Glideslope is a tad flat for this one, the terrain on final comes up really close. It's fun but I think that runway may need some steeper GS to make it "real", maybe 3.5 or so, same for the VASI

Great work, superb airport. Why don't they do this in real instead of turning more and more such former airbases into shopping centers and test beds for BMW...

Keep it up my friend!

Hi Andras,

just completed an approach from the East, that is onto RWY09. I think the Glideslope is a tad flat for this one, the terrain on final comes up really close. It's fun but I think that runway may need some steeper GS to make it "real", maybe 3.5 or so, same for the VASI

Another option might be to decomission the ILS for rwy 09 , and have 27 as the only ILS. That would in effect make 27 the preferred or calm wind runway.

We might need an environmental impact study first , I guess. huh.gif

Regards.

Ernie.

Another option might be to decomission the ILS for rwy 09 , and have 27 as the only ILS. That would in effect make 27 the preferred or calm wind runway.

We might need an environmental impact study first , I guess. huh.gif

Regards.

Ernie.

Actually, I prefer this idea. It is common for a small airfield to have only one ILS, if any at all.... not that my opinion matters much :)

• Upvote 1

Well, my point of view is that AF should be unique in many kinds.

Not only that it is fictional, also the procedures can be uncommon.

Why not having steep approaches of 3.5-4° ?

If that is still not enough "thrill", why not have (additional) an offset ? Not as extreme as Kai Tak, but maybe 5 degrees to the north?

In the reality there are a lot of Airports where a special certification is needed (Altiports,LOWI ect.)

This is stuff for the Onliners.

You need training flights for the Licence, so it means a lot of Traffic there.

No, i like the idea of two ILS/IGS approaches, remember, this Airfield is fictional, so we are free to make the uncommon, not the 0815 stuff.

When you want boring stuff, fly to common Airfields/-ports.

My 2 Cent

Well it doesn't 'have' to be unique, it doesn't have to be common, it doesn't have to be realistic, not realistic etc, etc.

And a non precision approach is not necessarily boring either. There's lots of options, Circling, RNAV, WAAS etc etc.

And just because the ILS is decommissioned now, doesn't mean it can't be re-comissioned later.

But considering we are in the early stages of this, the simplest approach seems to be the way to go, for now.

Nothing is off the table regardless.

Regards.

Ernie.