Approaching Innsbruck - no AI Traffic

altena

Hello everyone,

After having installed "Approaching Innsbruck" (download version), I did not see any AI Traffic at the airport.

I use MyTraffic 2010, and did an airport dump in FSX. Then I imported it in MyTraffic and updated all MyTraffic bgl-files.

Still no AI-Traffic.

Have I done something wrong?? I did not install the static aircraft.

Please help.

Regards,

Henk

• Upvote 1

No ai a/c landing at RW 08 LOWI (FSX). Neither with MyTrafficX (BR) nor with UT2(SP1). Starting yes, but after some time the airport becomes empty.

Harry

No ai a/c landing at RW 08 LOWI (FSX). Neither with MyTrafficX (BR) nor with UT2(SP1). Starting yes, but after some time the airport becomes empty.

Harry

Funny you mention it, because I have UT2 (SP1) and I have a/c starting here, but I have yet to see an aircraft land here. I wonder if something is wrong that is making planes not land here. With the default version of this airport I had a fair amount of traffic comming and going.

Hello Harry,

Please send me a mail to support@aerosoft.com regarding this thread.

Shaun,

I mentioned above also that I am having the same issue and am using UT2 as well. When I load the airport there are AI there and I see them take off, but no AI ever land and I have plenty of flight plans of AI comming into this location. The default airport has the same traffic comming and going.

Do I need to send an email to support@aerosoft.com also regarding this thread?

Thanks,

Sean

After some testing and discussions with Shaun I found a satisfying solution.

Downdload Jim Viles' LOWI from avsim library. After extraction you'll find two files LOWI_afx_jv.BGL and LOWI_afx_app.BGL. Take the latter (only this one!) and place it in a scenery folder which is placed in folder named LOWI_Approach. After activation in the scenery libraray make clear that LOWI_Approach has higher priority than "Approaching Innsbruck. From now on ai-ac is approaching and landing on both runways correctly. This was tested wit MyTrafficX.

kind regards

Harry

Shaun,

I mentioned above also that I am having the same issue and am using UT2 as well. When I load the airport there are AI there and I see them take off, but no AI ever land and I have plenty of flight plans of AI comming into this location. The default airport has the same traffic comming and going.

Do I need to send an email to support@aerosoft.com also regarding this thread?

Thanks,

Sean

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone,

After deactivating Approaching Innsbruck and running the default LOWI, I discovered, that I did not have any AI-traffich either. So, missing AI traffic had nothing to do with the Aerosoft Add-on LOWI. After running a file: TrafficX_BGLcheck.exe, kindly supplied to me from Aerosoft support, I discovered a couple of conflicting traffic.bgl files, one of them was the traffic.bgl file for LOIR Reutte (freeware add-on). After having disabled this file (renamed to ****.bak), AI-traffic was there at LOWI! Great help from Aerosoft.

Regards

Henk

Hi everyone,

After deactivating Approaching Innsbruck and running the default LOWI, I discovered, that I did not have any AI-traffich either. So, missing AI traffic had nothing to do with the Aerosoft Add-on LOWI. After running a file: TrafficX_BGLcheck.exe, kindly supplied to me from Aerosoft support, I discovered a couple of conflicting traffic.bgl files, one of them was the traffic.bgl file for LOIR Reutte (freeware add-on). After having disabled this file (renamed to ****.bak), AI-traffic was there at LOWI! Great help from Aerosoft.

Regards

Henk

Could you observe landing(!) ai traffic too? If yes, there might be another issue on my side, because the problem here was only landing - airport is populated with ai ac and takeoff is okay.

Regards

Harry

Could you observe landing(!) ai traffic too? If yes, there might be another issue on my side, because the problem here was only landing - airport is populated with ai ac and takeoff is okay.

Regards

Harry

Harry,

I will look for that and report back tomorrow

Regards

Henk

Downdload Jim Viles' LOWI from avsim library. After extraction you'll find two files LOWI_afx_jv.BGL and LOWI_afx_app.BGL. Take the latter (only this one!) and place it in a scenery folder which is placed in folder named LOWI_Approach. After activation in the scenery libraray make clear that LOWI_Approach has higher priority than "Approaching Innsbruck. From now on ai-ac is approaching and landing on both runways correctly. This was tested wit MyTrafficX.

kind regards

Harry

Thank you Harry, that worked a treat for me too using Ultimate Traffic2

Hi Harry,

Harry, it seems you are right. No AI traffic arriving at LOWI, departing from RWY08 is OK. In my opinion, AI traffic is not that intelligent. They will always fly straight in and if they try to do so at RWY08, they will propably crash into the mountains. So, I edited the ADE-airport file with ADE, and disabled RWY08 for departure and arrival. It's not realistic, but it was an experiment. After restarting FSX, I positioned my plane (Slew mode and Simulation rate at 4x) and whatched the traffic. Ai-traffic departing from RWY26 now, and many of them crashed into the mountains. On the other hand arrivals took place and were OK.

So, I will try out, the guideline, offered by Shaun and posted by you, because it works for you and Stewart. Anyway any solution which is more realistic, as closing RWY08 for departure and arrivals, is a better solution.

I use MyTraffic2010. Did you, after having installed, the Jim Viles scenery and activating it, update MyTrafficX, or was it not necessary?

Thanks for all feed-back

Henk

kind regards

Harry

It is surely the best solution for the problem of mountain crashes, no doubt for me. The Jim Viles file really makes AI traffic more intelligent at LOWI. Should be nice, if he could do that for Samedan (LSZS) too

Thanks all for the solutions.

Regards, Henk

Hi

I have just installed Innsbruck and use Just Flight Traffic X and when I was taxying to the terminal a First Choice 757 landed. Not very exciting I know. Mind you that was the only AI traffic present. I had my traffic setting at about 35%

Nick

Hello,

Also I had problems with AI traffic. Before I had this addon, I just used the afcad of Jim Ville. So I changed the maps a bit (as suggested in this topic) , and have it all working as it should be. The aircraft approaches the airport normally. But with the approach afcad active, I noticed that a lot of extra runways signs are added and also multiple airport vehicles are extra. So it makes that the AI traffic and the user airplane are driving through the runway signs and the addon aiport traffic are driving through some normal airport traffic (Not the addon static vehicles (since I did not install those).

Does other people have this issue? And/or is there a fix for?

btw; i'm using World Of AI.

Hello Shaun,

Well, I'm using the file LOWI_afx_app_jv.bgl (which is placed in LOWI_Approach/scenery) and it has a higher priority then Approaching Innsbruck. When I deactivate it, all is normal, not too much runway signs and no unwanted parked airportvehicles. Just as in the screens on the aerosoft site. But when this file is deactivated, the ai airplanes don't have a good approach and a lot of airplanes don't land but fly across the the airport.

Is this possible to fix?

If you want to see some screenshots, I can make them ofcourse.

Thanks in advance

• 10 months later...

just to remember

the problem is still not solved, neither I could find an official statement from developer. Disappointing!

kind regards

Harry