what's wrong with this picture?

• Aerosoft

No it's not that it is from X-plane. I like X-plane. It's also not that it looks like the perfect reason not to do too many virtual cabins (that's about as good as it gets in ANY sim). It's also not that the Caravelle looks like an Antonov 224 (I flew it and it is NOT that wide)...

There's something else that's deeply flawed in this image...

post-43-126859092777_thumb.jpg

The title of the newspaper is on the wrong side and and whats up with that "Call Attendant" sign? Reminds me of one of these "Please wait to be seated" sings in american restaurants.

1. Natively, the "Call Attendant" sign wouldn't be in English...

2. No seatbelts on the chairs

3. There appears to be a wire outside the cabin (look out the windows)

4. The right side appears to be "higher" than the left...maybe it's just perspective?

5. No visible exit row

6. No visible overhead compartments.

etc

Not sure - maybe someone sitting in a Caravelle with a laptop (probably a time traveller).

Caravelle's flew up to 1996, and others in Africa until just recently...

Seating arrangement looks awkward. Two port and three starboard would make the plane hard to fly if all seats were occupied.

But that is not that unconventional right? I don't know for this specific aircraft though, but KLM's F70s for example have a 2-3 seating arrangement and until a couple of years ago their MD11s had a 2-4-3 layout.

you can see the outside of the plane trough the guy with the lap top glasses

seats are inti-pendant not joined together as usual and not properly aligned with each other

you can see some light stripes down the isle

the old man is looking on the attendants b****

and there is some strange thing to the left of the door at the isle end might be that you can see trough the end of it and outside of the A/C

it's not aerosoft

the attendants head is WAY to big

the sign is not in the correct perspectives

the outside is just a big grey blob

the woman in row 2 has quite manly feet's

attendants feet are very small

there is a white dot behind the attendant

no windows on one side as one has already said

back half of the isle seats on the right look like they are black or very dark

thats about it.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Besides what's already been pointed out (and I did miss the missing starboard windows on the first look), only the inboard two seat attach tracks are visible. There should be at least a pair for each side assuming the seats are not independent as these look to be. I think on everything I've seen, a triple-wide seat would have four tracks (the edges and between each seat) and a double-wide seat would have three.

Seating arrangement looks awkward. Two port and three starboard would make the plane hard to fly if all seats were occupied.

Here is an actual photo of the interior of a Caravelle (model 12) variant:

0225022.jpg

LOL, this is fun....it's probably something already stated, like the windows, but here is one more:

On each seat armrest, there is a hole clearly for use as a headphones jack; planes didn't have those when the Caravelle was manufactured...(a total guess) oh, and on the right side, there are 3 holes for only a row of two seats.

• Aerosoft

Caravelle's flew up to 1996, and others in Africa until just recently...

Mmmmm I did not know, thought they were all grounded in 1995 and laptops were a LOT bigger in 1995.

Well call that a flawed contest!

Btw, it really is one of the best Xplane addons. Recommended if you like that sim.

Actually, I think Mathijs was just using this as a secret means to find some keen-eyed potential beta testers - some people found a lot of things "out of place" with just that simple picture! :P

The laptop (rather netbook) in the image can not be in the cabin of an airliner that old. Though the lack of windows on one side counts rather good as well.

Couldn't that be a food tray that wasn't put up? Oh wait airlines no longer serve food. Caravelles had a record back in the 60's like the F-104 Starfighters in Germany.

Kept falling out of the sky.

No it's not that it is from X-plane. I like X-plane. It's also not that it looks like the perfect reason not to do too many virtual cabins (that's about as good as it gets in ANY sim). It's also not that the Caravelle looks like an Antonov 224 (I flew it and it is NOT that wide)...

There's something else that's deeply flawed in this image...

Looks like a waiting lounge at an airport. One of the faces seems more realistic than the others.

I think it might be one of these three things:

1- Window is too big+wrong shape

2- Wing as seen from the window is too wide/tall

3- Color of the sky as seen through the window looks really wierd

i was going to say maybe the depiction there that flight attendants must be female.....it doesnt help gender equality...

but I reckon the more correct answer(s) has (have) already been listed

cheers

paul