Wing flex

FlavioSSA

In the site: Simcheck it´s annouced that this model would have wing flex (7th item in External model characteristics)

I remember too that someone from the simcheck or Aerosoft staff said that it would be available too in a pre-release topic. Here is the topic

I bought it and i can´t see this effect. So please confirm: Will this model have this effect in the future as a patch or something? Or the wing flex is already there but we cant see it working - little wing flex?

Thanks.

I'm just booting up FSX to take a look for you, as I'm 99% certain that I saw wing flex when taking the marketing pics for Aerosoft. Can I just check though, do you have 'advanced animations' ticked in the FSX graphics settings?

:lol::lol::lol:

Well ... maybe it´s me only. Nobody else is talking about it. I´ll do another flight with a real bad weather condition and look for it. If not, i think i need new glasses ...

:lol::lol::lol:

Well ... maybe it´s me only. Nobody else is talking about it. I´ll do another flight with a real bad weather condition and look for it. If not, i think i need new glasses ...

Ops... i think i clicked in the mouse buttom twice. Sorry!

It has to be said that I'm not presently noticing any wing flex and I've done all I can think of to introduce it.

At one point when taking the pictures I watched an engine spool up and was surprised that I saw the wing flex as the fans started rotating, I wonder if this was in actual fact an FSX 'bounce'?

I'm not the developer, nor do I have access to the developers forums, so I think this is best left to those with more knowledge. Sit patiently and I'm sure somebody will call with more experience with this product than I. Just be aware that this might be tomorrow now.

Thanks Nick!! Look, i´m not complaining at all with it. I´m complete satisfied with the package and already did nice flights with it. It´s more a "clarification" from the developers and perhaps an "ajdustment" in the package specs to the customers see what really is built in this nice addon.

I did one more little flight 5 minutes ago, and again i could not see any flex ... Maybe the a300 didin´t had any visible wing flex at all. I really don´t know.

Again, thanks for yor help! Very kind of you.

Wing-Flex is normally very nice to see at Take-Off or Landing.

When I am taking off / landing my Eyes are fixed out of the windshield and at the instruments....having no time to look at flexing wings.

So why is wing-flexing so important to you?

For me this product ist the best and worth its price and this is the reason why I dont care about Wing-Flexing even if it was mentiones in preview.

The Things that counts are the Systems, Model....etc. So I Think Wing-Flex should not influence the impression of this baby.

From Bjorn regarding wing flex

Hi,

I just spoke to our modeling guy and apparently wingflex was not implemented.

Rest assured we have put it in the TO DO list for the update. We are holding off an update for now as we want to check if any other issues come up.

Kind regards and thanks for your feedback !

Björn

I hope that clear things up just now smile.gif

Yeah, in fact it was intended not to be there and we were aware of it. But somehow, it got on the feature list anyway?! Don't ask me why...

Reason is:

The A300 has a very little wing flex in real life. You will be barely able to see it. Only when directly viewing the wing root over the wing tip in a straight line ;) But not as prominent as on the A380, B747, B787 etc. for example. However, Wing Flex will take a away quite some performance as well using the bone/skin system in FSX. So therefore we choose not to have it implemented as it might not be worth the compromise of performance. Don't nail me down on "it's standard for FS addon planes to have it". Of course it is... technically its not that big deal to implement it. However, at that point we thought that every frame per second that could be saved would be worth it - especially for an effect that is so barely visible. ;) But since you guys seem to feel so important for it AND of course because its on the feature list (of which again I didn't know about!!) you need to have it. Because you get what you paid for and what has been stated on the feature list - period ;) so there is no question about it

I was just trying to clear things up for you...

we WILL have the Wingflex in the SP1 download as well as in the CD release version - I am currently working on it. As well as on other issues as well...

Regards from Munich

Oli

Hello Oli!

As i said before, i was not complaining with it. Just a clarification for this subject as you just did above. Your explanation is very clear and wing flex is not this important of course. My question was about that it is listed in the features list and i can´t see it in the model.

Your explanation in the impact of it in fps is reasonable and if it cost a lot to the performance, maybe it´s best to not put it at all (The performance is great now). You, as the developer, can test the performance and decide if it´s worth to do? I can live without that if it implicates in performance lose.

But, just take it out from the features list in the site. Don´t you agree? :rolleyes:

Thanks for your explanation. Very nice model! I´m flying with the a300 a lot!

Hmmm may be an option - but fact is -> its on the feature list, you paid to get these features and therefore you need to have it! ;) thats the whole point! But maybe we can also leave the non wingflex version there for you to exchange - if you like a few more fps over the wingflex ;)

Hi guys,

We talked about it, did some tests, and considered pro's and con's and in the end we decided that adding wingflex is probably not a good idea.

Here's why:

- These old aircraft have really static wings to begin with, there is off course bouncing in turbulence etc... but wing flexing is completely not comparable to say the 787 dreamliner !

- Performance impact of adding wingflex would be big. It is not only the wings that need flexing, the spoilers, slats and flaps also need to flex with the wings! In all this will cost a good number of fps... If you have a 60fps to start with that's fine but most people don't and having a smooth running sim is what we where aiming for.

Björn