ELLX FS9 removing the static aircraft

altstiff

In the manual (and I know it may be for FSX) it says that ELLX comes with AES lite and a static aircraft removal utility. I do not know if the traffic utility removes the static too? Because I do not see any AES lite at ELLX either.

Hi,

AESLite is included in the FS2004 Version, also the configuration Tool for AESLite.

I did not make a tool to remove the static aircraft. I thought they are far to nice to delete :D

Hi Christoph,

I understand you're the designer of the scenery. About the statics, which .bgl should we delete to get rid of the statics?

Not saying that I dont like your statics, but I definitely want no statics at all.

it just looks very odd next to more detailed AI aircrafts, and my point is that I bought the scenery especially for the Cargo Center.

I hope the statics are modelled as a separate .bgl but somehow I fear, because I looked in the folder and there are very few .bgl

Ouch... That's a great pity... I want all my aircraft to move. Really, isn't there a way to get them out? Not wanting to sound ungreatful or anything, of course, but I find it a pity. Less space at the airport = less space for my AI traffic = greater chance I won't have space to park my aircraft once I land.

Yes, I do really hope those few statics are something that we gan get rid of. Even if they're modelled within some scenery file, no doubt as an update it could be split in two separate .bgl so that those of us who dont want them can remove them easily.

Basically I thought that it was a rather good thing that in all recent AS releases the statics were left out and proposed as an option only, and not part of the general scenery.

To remove the static 747's at ELLX do this...

GO TO>>

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\VFR-Airfields Libraries\Scenery

And rename your Lib_Static-Aircraft.bgl to Lib_Static-Aircraft.bak

Viola, no more static 747's at ELLX :D

Hello Shaun :)

All right, then I will wait for Christoph instructions.

@ alstiff: make sure you havent removed any other stuff that should be kept, aside with the 747 statics?

Thats why I'll wait for the developper's hints.

Ok then, once it's done, we need to add the empty parking slot left by the gone statics:

question: was the AFCAD that ships with the scenery done with AFCAD

or with ADE? I believe it's AFCAD (Lee Swordy's), but just to make sure, because updating and ADE file with AFCAD usually

messes up the whole thing.

• Developer

Ok then, once it's done, we need to add the empty parking slot left by the gone statics:

question: was the AFCAD that ships with the scenery done with AFCAD

or with ADE? I believe it's AFCAD (Lee Swordy's), but just to make sure, because updating and ADE file with AFCAD usually

messes up the whole thing.

Simple AFCAD

Still, even with this "going around the problem" stuff actually looking like it's going to work, can't Christopher simply, you know, "amend" the scenery and give us a tool so we can do this simply with one click, like in the FSX version? I really don't want to sound ungrateful, but I think this is elementary stuff that should be in a modern-day scenery...

Good morning,

please do not delete/rename Library files. We always work with other sceneries on these libs and will for sure update them.

I will make an Update for deleting the statics and updating the AFCAD file to get the parking spaces for AI-Traffic.

Please give me a few days to get this finished and released as an Service Pack.

Thank You

That is good news Chritoph. If you plan an update, is there any way you could also rework the PAPIs, at a 10nm distance they look extremely bright and can hardly distinguish the red and white spots. I guess those PAPI lights are 3D modelled rather than set in AFCAD, and that causes problems (exactly like 3d modelled lights and strobes on aircrafts dont look as good as defaut light effects). So far, those PAPI lights are the only thing I'd wish could be solved. :)

• Developer

That is good news Chritoph. If you plan an update, is there any way you could also rework the PAPIs, at a 10nm distance they look extremely bright and can hardly distinguish the red and white spots. I guess those PAPI lights are 3D modelled rather than set in AFCAD, and that causes problems (exactly like 3d modelled lights and strobes on aircrafts dont look as good as defaut light effects). So far, those PAPI lights are the only thing I'd wish could be solved. :)

I will check the PAPI's, maybe I need to finetune the factor. The PAPI is not a simple 3D Object, because then you would not see the PAPI at this distance. It is a special calculated coded, so that it also works at day with this distances. But I will check that.