Will Aerosoft Develop Any U.S. Airports?

liam727

Hi,

I was looking though the FSX sceneries offered, and most of if not all the airport sceneries, such as the mega airport series are european airports. I know aerosoft is a european company and developing european sceneries makes sense, but with the "expansion" so to speak to the U.S. with the city series, i was wondering if aerosoft was ever going to consider making some U.S or north american mega airports, or airfields. the u.s is at or near the top of the list of countries with the most airports, and especially having the cities to explore, it would be great to have airports such as Midway for chicago, which is a great little airport, that as far as i know doesn't have a decent FSX scenery. i can also say airports like SFO, LAX, Denver, Phoenix, SLC, and even JFK have not been developed for FSX yet by many, if any people. (well i know FSDREAMTEAM makes JFK but still, i cant remember if its for fsx or not.

so i think it would be great if aerosoft looked into creating some north american airports. it would go great with the city sceneries, i cant think of any good fsx addon sceneries for indianapolis international or new orleans. i myself live in the u.s. and though exploring other countries is fun, i find myself buzzing around my homeland much more.

thanks for listening! B)

P.S. sorry if im reposting this topic, but i havn't seen it, and if it has already been posted, im sure times have changed since then.. ;)

liam

Hi,

I was looking though the FSX sceneries offered, and most of if not all the airport sceneries, such as the mega airport series are european airports. I know aerosoft is a european company and developing european sceneries makes sense, but with the "expansion" so to speak to the U.S. with the city series, i was wondering if aerosoft was ever going to consider making some U.S or north american mega airports, or airfields. the u.s is at or near the top of the list of countries with the most airports, and especially having the cities to explore, it would be great to have airports such as Midway for chicago, which is a great little airport, that as far as i know doesn't have a decent FSX scenery. i can also say airports like SFO, LAX, Denver, Phoenix, SLC, and even JFK have not been developed for FSX yet by many, if any people. (well i know FSDREAMTEAM makes JFK but still, i cant remember if its for fsx or not.

so i think it would be great if aerosoft looked into creating some north american airports. it would go great with the city sceneries, i cant think of any good fsx addon sceneries for indianapolis international or new orleans. i myself live in the u.s. and though exploring other countries is fun, i find myself buzzing around my homeland much more.

thanks for listening! B)

P.S. sorry if im reposting this topic, but i havn't seen it, and if it has already been posted, im sure times have changed since then.. ;)

liam

LOL - they have already released an airport in N. America: Hawaii Dillingham

However, all joking aside I know what you are really asking and it's a good question.

• Verified Developer

The fsdreamteam JFK is for FSX. I personaly like there Geneva and Zurich scenery...

.. and O'hare, Las Vegas, and there are also FSX Version for US airports made by Imagine Sim, not in the same state as FSDT or the Aerosoft Mega airports, but full exeptable for this area.

The most "Aerosoft Mega Airport Designers" are based in Europe, so it is clear that a visit of all this "nice to have" Mega US airports are difficult for them, and that is the minimum base to make a good airport in FS. The actual political situation around airport securitiy in the US will give all projects the rest, so it is hard to do such a project with the same intent of qualitiy as needed for a "Aerosoft Mega Airport".

Well, If Aerosoft ever decided to make a IAH, then I would be more then happy to photo's or what have you for them, since I work there.

hmm yes i realize it would be more difficult i just wish fly tampa would upgrade their sceneries to fsx. almost all are fs9, and they have great frames for their detail, while imagine sim is not nearly as good and sucks up frames.

I do wish their were more US airports imaginesim sceneries are good but the suck down framerates especially at night. Right now the only people who have any good US addons are FSDreamteam but they only have a handfull. But I also wish FLytampa would upgrade their stuff. Every now and then I go to drool over their website and imagine how awesome it would be if I could get KMDW, KSEA, KSAN and KSFO. Ahhh www.flytam...

• Aerosoft

Matthijs once sayd in a podcast that it was very hard for them to enter US airports to get material for the production of an airport.

That is indeed one major problem, even if we find people that work on the airport it is almost always impossible to do a serious photoshoot where we drive around for a full day to get all the material we need. There are also commercial aspects to consider, without good options to get the boxed versions in US shops we have to work with a lot less sales.