Repainters Required, Prizes to be won.

Shaun Fletcher

Hello Folks,

FSBreak are doing a, "Round the World Tour" and would like a special Livery painting for the Carenado Mooney M-20J

Danton from FSBreak has kindly written what he proposes the scheme should look like.

All we need is for you repainters to paint it.

"My ideas for the paint scheme are as follows: 1) Keeping the white base,

some classic accents in rich red and navy blue would be nice. 2) Under the

pilot's window, I would like it to say *Danton "Dasher" Berube, P.I.C. *in

relatively small, but readable lettering. 3) The fsBreak podcast logo [a

copy is attached] could be incorporated on both the left and right forward

fuselages; again, it need not be too huge. 4) In the center of both the left

and right fuselages, I would like a nice sized globe surrounded by the

slogan "fsBreak's Great Tour: The Podcast Heard Around the World". 5) The

registration number should be "N66DB". 6) Finally, it would be nice to have

a copy of the Aerosoft logo on the tip of the left and right vertical

stabilizers."

I have attached the FSBreak Logo.

To save the image open it as normal, when enlarged right click and choose, "Save image as".

We'll make this a competition and we could use this repaint for around the 10th November

Competition closes 1st November 2009

So please get your painting palettes out folks.

All entries will get a free download product of there choice.

The Winner will get 3 download products of there choice.

The winning repaint will be picked by Danton from FSBreak.

Please feel free to post your entries at any time, multiple view would be great.

post-3-125482231613_thumb.png

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Shaun,

Everyone at the fsBreak podcast (www.fsbreak.com) really appreciates Aerosoft and you sponsoring this livery design contest and offering the free downloads for participants!

I've had some more time to think about the paint scheme since we first discussed it and would like to offer a few extra details for all the repainters out there.

1) There will be the lead plane flown by me, and on it I would like Danton "Dasher" Berube to appear as you noted under the pilot side's window in small, but readable lettering; and also for the registration number to be N66DB. For listeners who fly along, it would be nice if they could choose to use the same livery, but obviously without my name or registration number.

2) We would like the fsBreak logo which you attached to appear on both sides of the plane. Perhaps on the nose, but the exact positioning maybe is best left to the repainter. The logo we supplied is obviously huge to capture all the details. On the livery, it should of course be a more modest size, but it would be nice if the fsBreak.net portion is legible.

3) The key design element is the globe. I think the words fsBreak Grand Tour should appear above or below the globe and the phrase The Podcast Heard Around The World on a ribbon around the globe. This will become the iconic logo representing our "Around the World" journey.

4) We would like Aerosoft's logo -- what I consider to be the "Spirit of Flight" -- to appear in the top portion of both sides of the vertical stabilizer.

5) As far as the basic color scheme, I must confess that I am somewhat conservative and not terribly imaginative, so a classic white with deep red (maroon) and/or navy blue accents came to mind. However, I am not artistic, so repainters should feel free to consider this item as a mere suggestion.

6) These guidelines leave lots of room on the plane for repainters to exercise their creativity. I'm certain the winning design will be far better than anything I can even envision at this point.

7) Aerosoft and Shaun are generously offering a free download to everyone who submits any entry. Although there can be only one winner (of THREE downloads!), we would like to make all of the liveries available to listeners who will journey with us. So even if your design isn't on the lead plane, there is still a very good chance that it will circle the earth on one or more of our listeners' planes. A nice mix of liveries will look better than a dozen or more identical planes flying in formation. Also, this could easily be a multi-year project, so your design will live on for quite some time.

If anyone wants to ask a question or perhaps submit a sketch before actually painting the livery itself, I would be happy to supply answers and offer feedback/suggestions. Just send me an email: danton[at]fsbreak[dot]net.

Good luck and thank you in advance to all the participants.

Danton

Well, I guess I'll start the ball rolling... So here's an attempt from me I think I've captured all the desired elements; a classic dark red with a splash of blue a couple of logos and a custom logo for the trip.

Hope you enjoy...

Shall upload the texture file to downloads section?

post-12341-125515164763_thumb.jpg

post-12341-12551515961_thumb.jpg

post-12341-125515162741_thumb.jpg

Peter

Hi Peter,

Very nice indeed. You have certainly gotten the contest off to a great start!

I think it is best if you could email me a copy of the texture file until the contest is completed.

Thanks! Danton

BTW: I want to encourage other repainters to continue to work on and submit their own unique designs. And continued thanks to Aerosoft for sponsoring this contest and offering a free download for everyone who enters and three downloads for the winner!

I would really like to see this contest get rolling. There are several projects in the works at the FSBreak forum, but more is better! Anyone who likes to be creative, please submit an entry, get a FREE download, and maybe win THREE FREE downloads! The keys requirements are 1) Carenado Mooney M20J livery, 2) Pilot name, 3) Registration number, 4) fsBreak logo, 5) fsBreak Grand Tour slogan and globe logo, and 6) Aerosoft's logo. Beyond that, go WILD! Let's see some creative ideas. I haven't asked Shaun about this -- and I'll cover it out of my own pocket, if necessary -- but in addition to 3 downloads for the winner and 1 download for each entrant, how about a bonus SECOND free download for the most creative/unusual/innovative design that is not chosen as the overall winner. When our formation of planes are flying over a city, try to design the livery that is going to cause everyone to stop, point, and say "Check that out!" Danton

I think what you are looking for is in post #4 in this thread. If not, I suspect Shaun can provide it. Thanks for participating! Danton

Hey,

I though I'd give it a try, here's the result I got.

As you can see, I went for a more modern livery.

What's the email address were I should mail it to?

Grtz,

Lars

Heres my shot at it hope you like it, I sure could use those downloads smile.gif

FSX

MooneyMJ20.jpg

no numbers or name in FS9

Imagenn.jpg

In the setting sun

dbd2.jpg

dbd4.jpg

I added a few more pictures of the finished project...wink.gif

Wow, very good stuff in here! Here's mine:

fsbreak1.jpg

fsbreak2.jpg

fsbreak3.jpg

fsbreak4.jpg

Hope it's liked, and I already sent the texture files to Danton. Thanks for this contest! I have really enjoyed myself, creating, designing a livery from scratch. It is my first try at a self-designed livery, but I think it turned out good (for a first time attempt).

Regards,

Benjamin van Soldt

EDIT: Updated the screenshots to reflect the latest version.

Awesome job everyone. Thrilled to see the great submissions and know there will be at least a few more from some emails I've received. Judging is going to be very difficult!

I am working on my submission guys ...when are the entries due? I don't want to miss my opportunity to get another fine Aerosoft product.

This is my first attempt on repainting so the learning curve has been steep for me...

One question that one of you gurus can help me with.. I am trying to chrome out the spinner. I have tried to adjust the alpha channel but getting chrome has been proving very difficult. Any suggestions? It seems that when I take the paint through DXTbmp it loses that super liquid chrome that the blank textures had before I started making changes. Dang that alpha channel...

Bman.

Good evening guys..

Finally, here is my submission. You all have done some really nice work. This is my first stab at repainting and indeed I have learned a lot. I am going to be late for work tomorrow for sure... I have spent way too much time trying to figure how in the world to do this. I can see why painters aren't flyers - there isn't time to do both.

Looking forward to the 'round the world flight!

Benjamin (Bman.) Van Eps

Sky1.png

Sky2.png

Sky3.png

Hello Folks,

We'll put a definite date for the close of the competition.

All entries need to be in by the 1st November 2009.

All the entries are really great, Dantons going to have his work cut out when judging starts on the second.