Monastir X

Mathijs,

i dont want to get too much off topic but im just curious for your input on the Canadian Market, and how Aerosoft sees it? Canada is in need of some airport addons, wouldnt you agree?

plus looking forward to this scenery and many more like Nice, etc.

Thanks

Duco

We see a growing demand from there and without a doubt the airports there are growing a lot faster then airports in Europe or the US.

I hope you can do airports like LTBA, LTAI, OLBA, HECA, HESH and so on.

harpsi

• Aerosoft

Mathijs,

i dont want to get too much off topic but im just curious for your input on the Canadian Market, and how Aerosoft sees it? Canada is in need of some airport addons, wouldnt you agree?

plus looking forward to this scenery and many more like Nice, etc.

Thanks

Duco

We got no plans for Canada at this moment. We are about to open a North American department in the next few weeks though so I expect more attention to that continent soon. Just more step to world domination, lol.

Folks, the screens of the new FSX-Version looks like a convert from the FS2004-Version. And I was there for 2 times and the airport doesn´t have no monastir-feeling like in real. Its hot and there are many asphalt-changes and many sand on the apron. Its not clean like on your screens.

Take a bit more time into ONE addon and make it good, as you release every two weeks addons with an quality as FS2002-Addons.

Whats up with aerosoft? New scenery-designer? No money?

I have to agree with some of this, though not all the time, there have been some great exceptions.. However with some of the recent releases (not all) I do feel that we are rushing out FSX airports that kind of look like the airport but don't capture the atmosphere at all well.. We are missing basic things like getting the dust and markings correct and the type of taxiway lighting and concrete textures spot on.. There is to much "stock" scenery and markings and taxiway and runway textures being used over and over again for speed so that all these airports are starting to look the same.. When you distributed the Fly Tampa stuff the beauty of those airports was it not only looked like the field it felt exactly like the fireld in every detail.. Now it feels like a tool has been developed to create airports using stock pieces as quickly as possible on top of a google earth map..

Now I don't even have FS9 installed on this rig and some of the stuff coming out is great, but can we please slow down and start to take more care with details..

• Aerosoft

I have to agree with some of this, though not all the time, there have been some great exceptions.. However with some of the recent releases (not all) I do feel that we are rushing out FSX airports that kind of look like the airport but don't capture the atmosphere at all well.. We are missing basic things like getting the dust and markings correct and the type of taxiway lighting and concrete textures spot on.. There is to much "stock" scenery and markings and taxiway and runway textures being used over and over again for speed so that all these airports are starting to look the same.. When you distributed the Fly Tampa stuff the beauty of those airports was it not only looked like the field it felt exactly like the fireld in every detail.. Now it feels like a tool has been developed to create airports using stock pieces as quickly as possible on top of a google earth map..

Now I don't even have FS9 installed on this rig and some of the stuff coming out is great, but can we please slow down and start to take more care with details..

What pure FSX scenery are you referring to? Of course when a project got to be FS2004 and FSX compatible we got to stay to FS2004 standards, but I do think the pure FSX scenery is pretty solid. Certainly if you take price into account. Compare products of the same price, okay? If I can add another €10 to a project I can have a lot more work done but often we prefer to keep the price down so there will be more people who buy it.

Africa is not easy as demand is really moderate, but you will see us move towards the Middle East and Asia more in the next few months. We see a growing demand from there and without a doubt the airports there are growing a lot faster then airports in Europe or the US.

That said, I would love to do some South African airports

:D I am pleased to hear this.

Only issue with the Middle East is that most airports seem to be under construction.

you will see us move towards the Middle East and Asia

Wow, somehow I haven't noticed that essential sentence before.

Hopefully we may finally get Cairo and Sharm El Sheikh.

Taking into conideration how important they are for tourism and how many airlines fly there....

Daydreaming.... :rolleyes:

Best regards,

Rafal

EDIT: Wait, did I see 'Asia' too? Mmmm...

Aerosoft, you're becoming the undisputed leaders on the FS market.

With a few exceptions Middle East and Asia have been rather ommited by serious scenery developers so far.