Tweaks For Sp1

Hi, Your Catalina is the best aircraft I have ever had in FS!

I think there is a little fix in the rudder's REDUX light, because in some models this isn't necessary (the built light in the rudder is better, as is steering with rudder, the REDUX light not), and in others the coordinates are wrong, because the light is far from rudder.

Anyway, I suggest to move the rudder light on the tail, so if the rudder is moving, the light don't remains... alone!

So this is my report:

A) In this models NO rudder's REDUX light is necessary: light built in model is better as REDUX (steering with rudder) and REDUX light has wrong coordinates (is far from rudder).

01) PBY-5_Military_Vingtor

02) PBY-5_Military_JIP30

03) PBY-5_Military_Dabster

04) PBY-5A_Civil_Dutch

05) PBY-5A_Military_Navy84

06) PBY-5A_Military_B64

B) In this models rudder's REDUX light is necessary: light isn't built in model, but REDUX has wrong coordinates (is far from rudder) and remains alone when rudder is steering.

07) PBY-6A_Civil_Calypso

08) PBY-6A_Civil_AusBlackCat

09) PBY-6A_Military_Danish

10) PBY-6A_Military_Pensacola

11) PBY-6A_Military_BlackCat

So I suggest new coordinates for a nav light on the tail (more below from original coordinates):

light.5 = 3, -39.5, 0.10, -3.75, Fx_shockwave_navwhi_l_old //On Tail

(OLD: light.5 = 3, -41.4, -0.46, 4.02, Fx_shockwave_navwhi_l_old //On Rudder)

I hope this will be usefull.

With my best regards,

Luca

Hi Mathijs,

I'm finding the flight model to be very unstable in pitch. Pilot reports from the real aircraft called the PBY very stiff on the yoke, especially in pitch. Any chance of fixing that for SP1?

Very lovely airplane, I am enjoying it immensely. Is there a chance you could add a King Autopilot, or at least a spot to add one on the radio stack area of the 'modern' cockpit via panel.cfg? For those loooooong flights the PBY is famous for, sitting in front of the computer for 15-20hrs isnt an option LOL :D Also would need to add a heading bug to the heading indcator :) I added a 2d popup autopilot but having one on the radio stack would really make it fun.

The aircraft.cfg [WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE] section of the PBY-6A_Dan model has entries for the various guns, although the model does not carry any armament.

Very lovely airplane, I am enjoying it immensely. Is there a chance you could add a King Autopilot, or at least a spot to add one on the radio stack area of the 'modern' cockpit via panel.cfg? For those loooooong flights the PBY is famous for, sitting in front of the computer for 15-20hrs isnt an option LOL :D Also would need to add a heading bug to the heading indcator :) I added a 2d popup autopilot but having one on the radio stack would really make it fun.

Mathijs has posted that the reason they didn't include an autopilot with the modern avionics is that in the real world there is no autopilot currently certificated for the PBY. He did say that the default AP will work even though it's not visible, using the default AP keystrokes.

On the communications radio and Nav 1 and 2 with the modern avionics, the dial is changing the active frequency and not the standby.

SW

This depends on wich mode the radios are in.

Please read the manual regarding the use of these radios

Large knob changes the whole numbers using either left/right mouse buttons or the mouse wheel

Small knob cahnges the fraction numbers using only the mouse wheel

Small knob changes mode whith left/right mouse buttons

So if You be accident has left or right clicked the small knob, You will probably be in "Direct" mode, where active frequencies can be set directly.

Finn

This depends on wich mode the radios are in.

Please read the manual regarding the use of these radios

Large knob changes the whole numbers using either left/right mouse buttons or the mouse wheel

Small knob cahnges the fraction numbers using only the mouse wheel

Small knob changes mode whith left/right mouse buttons

So if You be accident has left or right clicked the small knob, You will probably be in "Direct" mode, where active frequencies can be set directly.

Finn

That's not right so. I think there is really a bug.

On Leystad Catalina you can only dial the Standbyfrequency, indepentend from the position of the smaller knob.

On Calypso and BlackCat Catalinas is it contrary, you can only dial the active Frequencys.

It concerns both, Com and Nav. (i know smaller knob is only for NAV)

Ok - will take a deeper look into it asap.

Finn

In the Calypso, and have not tried others.

The ADF. I'm unable to dial in the tenths. For example 184.[5]

The ADF is made like the real unit, wich doesn´t have tenth to set.

If there is a general urge from the community for that, I will look into that too.

Finn

The ADF is made like the real unit, wich doesn´t have tenth to set.

If there is a general urge from the community for that, I will look into that too.

Finn

I'm just one grain of sand in the General Community Finn but please look into being able to dial in tenths on the ADF. Many of the NDB's in this day and age are using it.

The issue with the modern Com/Nav radios in the Calypso and Australian Black Cat has been solved.

The issue with the ADF is still under consideration, cause adding the tenth are not that easy..

Our goal was to make the radios work as close as possible to their reallife counterparts..

The real Bendix King Silver crown ADF normally doesn´t have the tenth: http://www.avionics.co.nz/images/kr87.jpg

Finn

This definitely falls into the tweak category, but it is an annoyance for those of us who actually remember seeing the US Coast Guard's PBY Flying Boats with the yellow band across the fuselage. Our eyes are not what they used to be, and while we can zoom the radio panel we can't pan to the beacon frequency numbers. Yes, I understand you don't want us to see the sparse furnisings of the radio room (or maybe they are not sparse but are quite LUXURIOUS, with paintings of nude cherubs on the walls, at that'w what you don't want us to see... nothing on this sim would suprise me!), but at least give me enough room to zoom in on the dials.

Also, has anyone had an exprience with the PBY in shared cocpit mjultiplayer?

bumprock,

It is a simple user edit to get the "panning" function of the "radio compartment" enabled...

Just open the aircraft cfg. using Windows Explorer and edit these sections to suite your needs.... make a backup of the aircraft cfg. 1st.

I too have old eyes and had to zoom in all the time and it is still a little dark in there... oh well... getting old and wise, I guess you gotta give something up!

[CameraDefinition.006]

Title = XXX...

Guid = XXX...

Origin = XXX...

MomentumEffect = XXX...

SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel

SnapPbhReturn = XXX...

PanPbhAdjust = Swivel

PanPbhReturn = XXX...

Track = XXX...

ShowAxis = XXX...

AllowZoom = XXX...