CCS slope files...

Chris Gordan

Friends,

Don and I have been discussing the approaching disk limit with SOAR's current hosting package, the huge amount of space that CCS slope files take up now, and will require in the future.

We've determined that even though we do intend to upgrade to twice the space and bandwidth in the not to distant future, it still would not be enough over the long term to support such a large file archive. We'd hate to use up all available space for a raw data repository, when so much in the way of other content can be done with whatever space is available.

It is entirely possible at the going rate to have the CCS files total a couple of gigabytes in and of themselves within 6 months to a year. We need a long term solution. Unless or until we are running a dedicated server with a ton of available space, these files will have to be uploaded to one of the major sim sites.

I am considering 3- flightsim.com, avsim.com, and simviation.com and may open a poll as to which site our members seem to prefer. I want as few screens as possible between members and the files, even if it requires a seperate login.

The challenge will be to come up with an efficient way to label the files and upload them, the point being to make them easy to find. One should be able to simply type "CCS Alps" in a search and find ALL such files in one place.

Suggestions/comments ?

My e-mail to you got bounced back so:-

Chris,

don't want to sound like a salesman or anything and I am not associated with the firm below in any way apart from as a customer. FS-Shipyards also uses this host also. Just a recommendation if your looking to host a large site at a reasonable cost - I'm sure it would meet the needs of SOAR.

http://www.servage.net/page/hosting_features/

P.S. I f you going to post files - please not simviation.com - sorry- but their free site is full of pop-up ads and spyware!!! and downloads are really slow.