Manhattan X and coastlines

pwheeler

First of all I just wanted to say Manhattan X is an outstanding piece of work. B)

The area modelled is absolutely huge and is superbly done. I even think I got a little boost to my framerates over default...

I only have one small issue. It seems to have erased the shorelines in the surrounding UTX scenery. The coastlines are all fine its just the shoreline texture that has gone. It picks up again as a new vector takes over.

I assume this is down to a shoreline exclude issue. Is there anyway the exclude can be brought back a little closer to the Manhattan coast so it doesn't erase the shoreline on the opposite coast?

Thanks

Paul

P.S. I just wish that VFR London was up to these standards. Manhattan blends perfectly with the surrounding scenery with 3D objects all the way to edge - no barren wasteland surrounding this like there is with VFR London.

• Aerosoft
Here's a quick screenshot if it helps. ;)

Okay think that could be solved, we'll look into it on Monday.

Also at the Medlife helipad, indeed it is not landable (which is a shame because you'll not hear the sound we added to that location)

... It seems to have erased the shorelines in the surrounding UTX scenery....

Mr. Paul Wheeler,

I noticed the above "issue", that you are having with Manhattan X and coastlines, when I installed FTX's BLUE, YELLOW, and GREEN; but in Hawaii's Kalaoloa (John Rogers Field - PHJR) and I was wondering if it might be an issue with ORBX's library files. I've had several issues which I haven't fully resolved.

One example which I was ONLY able to partially resolve; by re-installing all of Flight1's UTX/LUX & GEX Water/landclass files and then applying FEX.

Also, Turning FTX Mode ON/OFF just makes things worse; and I've just installed the FTX SP2 Update.

Here is what I mean:

post-13668-1233405190_thumb.jpgpost-13668-1233405413_thumb.jpg

post-13668-1233405422_thumb.jpg

(I'll post this over at the ORBX site but I though you might want to consider that as a possiblity as well, as it may NOT be Manhattan X).

PS: Love your FSWC utility. B)

• Upvote 1

First of all I just wanted to say Manhattan X is an outstanding piece of work. B)

It seems to have erased the shorelines in the surrounding UTX scenery. The coastlines are all fine its just the shoreline texture that has gone. It picks up again as a new vector takes over. I assume this is down to a shoreline exclude issue. Is there anyway the exclude can be brought back a little closer to the Manhattan coast so it doesn't erase the shoreline on the opposite coast?

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately this is not a simple issue.

In order to exclude the shorelines around the very island itself I used the smallest possible range, but in FSX the entire corresponding small QMID grid also gets the lines excluded.

The only solution would be to make them once again, but the question is: for which scenery? Folks use addons, photorealistic or otherwise, all are slightly different and by doing a new coastline for the default scenery would just create more problems for anyone who uses a different addon.

Therefore there is no quick solution and furthermore no solution for a single scenery combination.

regards

Andras

Have you found a helipad on a rooftop that you can land on? I found one on the Metlife bldg but I fall thru the textures.

Hi,

True...

My fault, I did the platform to make it landable 7 months ago, but forgot to make it scale 1.0 which is a requirement for the thing to actually work.

I did it today and I have already started working on an update, so very soon it will be as it should...

regards

Andras

Mr. Paul Wheeler,

I noticed the above "issue", that you are having with Manhattan X and coastlines, when I installed FTX's BLUE, YELLOW, and GREEN; but in Hawaii's Kalaoloa (John Rogers Field - PHJR) and I was wondering if it might be an issue with ORBX's library files. I've had several issues which I haven't fully resolved.

One example which I was ONLY able to partially resolve; by re-installing all of Flight1's UTX/LUX & GEX Water/landclass files and then applying FEX.

Also, Turning FTX Mode ON/OFF just makes things worse; and I've just installed the FTX SP2 Update.

The PHJR airport is misplaced in default and there is a correction available at Avsim for users of UTX.

Fixing the "no water" effect would have been as simple as restarting the UTX setup utility.

And if you're going to start pointing out how many of the default airports are at wrong elevations or position you'll spend a long time before you get finished! :lol:

The PHJR airport is misplaced in default and there is a correction available at Avsim for users of UTX.

Fixing the "no water" effect would have been as simple as restarting the UTX setup utility.

And if you're going to start pointing out how many of the default airports are at wrong elevations or position you'll spend a long time before you get finished! :lol:

Mr. WallyB,

Thank you for the info; I wasn't meaning to poke fingers at any one per say. Merely that this "corrupted UTX coastlines" issues were never an issue UNTIL I installed and used ORBX FTX's addon's. They (ORBX) even indicates in their installation guides (Forums too) that users should turn the FTX Mode to OFF while flying in other regions of the FSX world because of these issues. But, sadly :( , I have found that using that tool doesn't resolve issues, in fact it creates more problems, as the above pic.'s show. Moreover, I figured out how to resolve the "no water" issue; but I have to do that each and every time I install or change ORBX's FTX addons :o:blink:<_< .

Thank you for the info. I'll go to Avsim for the fix.

======================================================================

My fault, I did the platform to make it landable 7 months ago, but forgot to make it scale 1.0 which is a requirement for the thing to actually work. I did it today and I have already started working on an update, so very soon it will be as it should...

Mr. Andras Kozma,

Can I expect this fix to be included in the current downloadable version or are you going to release it as an update some months down the road?

I ask because I haven't purchased it yet and don't want to keep asking Aerosoft staff to send me more DVD's with all the missing version updated for products; It simply costs a lot in time, money, and effort for small fixes that could easily be integrated into the original release. Any way, which ever way you do it, I'll be getting it in my Bulk Order purchases. :)

PS: Thanks for making this product in FSX (I loved it in FS9 too). :D

• Upvote 1

Hey Andras,

No worries. I understand its difficult to make it work with all the different scenery packages out there. The only thing you can do is make sure it works with default.

Its a very minor thing to put up with. Your scenery is a tour de force - head and shoulders above any other city scenery out there!

• Aerosoft
Mr. WallyB,

Thank you for the info; I wasn't meaning to poke fingers at any one per say. Merely that this "corrupted UTX coastlines" issues were never an issue UNTIL I installed and used ORBX FTX's addon's. They (ORBX) even indicates in their installation guides (Forums too) that users should turn the FTX Mode to OFF while flying in other regions of the FSX world because of these issues. But, sadly :( , I have found that using that tool doesn't resolve issues, in fact it creates more problems, as the above pic.'s show. Moreover, I figured out how to resolve the "no water" issue; but I have to do that each and every time I install or change ORBX's FTX addons :o:blink:<_< .

Thank you for the info. I'll go to Avsim for the fix.

======================================================================

Mr. Andras Kozma,

Can I expect this fix to be included in the current downloadable version or are you going to release it as an update some months down the road?

I ask because I haven't purchased it yet and don't want to keep asking Aerosoft staff to send me more DVD's with all the missing version updated for products; It simply costs a lot in time, money, and effort for small fixes that could easily be integrated into the original release. Any way, which ever way you do it, I'll be getting it in my Bulk Order purchases. :)

PS: Thanks for making this product in FSX (I loved it in FS9 too). :D

The first patch is certainly expected this week.