Forum Maintenance Period (08/05/24) ×

Aerosoft Sydney.....

Frank Nicolas

Hey Aerosoft!

I recognize that you guys focus more on the European airports, but once in a while deviate to the Asian, American regions etc. etc.... It would be nice to hear something new from you guys, something that hasn't been done decently yet. CLS did their Sydney, which IMO can not even be called payware. Ugly static traffic on the roads kills all the excitement. Dead scenery no animations anywhere, and worst part is, there is no AES support. So it would be a great breakthrough for you guys to make one of the most busy airports in the southern hemisphere. Maybe after the release of Munich this could be a possibility. Maybe you could employ the amount of detail you put in Frankfurt with the moving traffic around the airport. Maybe you guys could also simulate the bridge like you did in Leipzig. It would be great to see these as these have not been made before. They can be seen on runway 16L/34L and 16R/34R. I can't believe that you guys are missing out on this airport. This is also the site where the longest flight of a 747 ended (VH-OJA). It's a very historic airport and shouldn't, or better yet, couldn't be ignored.

Thanks in advance!

• Aerosoft
Hey Aerosoft!

I recognize that you guys focus more on the European airports, but once in a while deviate to the Asian, American regions etc. etc.... It would be nice to hear something new from you guys, something that hasn't been done decently yet. CLS did their Sydney, which IMO can not even be called payware. Ugly static traffic on the roads kills all the excitement. Dead scenery no animations anywhere, and worst part is, there is no AES support. So it would be a great breakthrough for you guys to make one of the most busy airports in the southern hemisphere. Maybe after the release of Munich this could be a possibility. Maybe you could employ the amount of detail you put in Frankfurt with the moving traffic around the airport. Maybe you guys could also simulate the bridge like you did in Leipzig. It would be great to see these as these have not been made before. They can be seen on runway 16L/34L and 16R/34R. I can't believe that you guys are missing out on this airport. This is also the site where the longest flight of a 747 ended (VH-OJA). It's a very historic airport and shouldn't, or better yet, couldn't be ignored.

Thanks in advance!

Australian products always have been very difficult, first of all because the local market is not very large, secondly because there is not a lot of interest from other markets in products covering Australia. Boxed distribution is very hard there as well. So I don't think we'll put our own staff on anyhting. Of course if somebody offers me a good product or needs help completing it things are different.

Anything Australian is generally left to the ORBX guys as they seem to provide not only a base platform with their green, blue and gold FTX packages around which a raft of developers are designing addons ranging from dirt strips to international airports, but also a focal point for freeware and payware for the region..

Mr. Frank Nicolas,

AU_Region_Coverage_Map.jpg

Here is what you are looking for: http://fullterrain.com/

Enjoy! :D

That's a very nice find there, James! Thanks. But the only problem is, I use FS9. And as you saw in my other topic (the computer hardware one) I can't use FSX without getting 7-8FPs tops. And that's with default scenery. <_< I've found a good Adelaide Scenery, but for Sydney, which is one of my most visited airports, has just never been done properly.

As with Mathjis, I understand that Australian simmers aren't that many. But, Sydney is one of the busiest airports in the world. With that said, there will almost definitely be a LOT of serious simmers passing through that airport. And of course, they would want to have it in their sim. People don't need to live in Australia to actually be interested in an Australian airport. Unless you meant something else. :lol:;)

Regards,

Frank

Dear Mathijs,

Firstly, let me say that Aerosoft over the years has always set the bar for high quality payware scenery and I look forward to each and every release. I have almost each and every product whether it is Europe, Africa, Madeira(Europe, I know).....you name it.

I would just like to make an observation to the comment you made regarding a lack of market for other regions. I live in India, and have been an avid simmer since the mid 80's from SubLogic days. As all other avid simmers, over the years we have always tried to better our individual experiences to come as close to "As real as it gets". I am sure this is what has given rise to and growth to the add-on industry.

Nowadays, more than 90% of my sim flights are within the European region. At the end of the day, I dont choose flying only in Europe, or USA because I might live in these regions, I choose to because it is people like you and countless others who have made the experience of simming here much more realistic and enjoyable. I buy your products for their quality, and not for their geographic locations. Period! Secondly, you might have read countless posts in various forums about simmers and their long haul flights especially in Screen Shot sections. As Frank pointed out in his earlier post, there must be a lot of serious simmers "passing through" not just YSSY, but numerous other airports in Australia, Asia and other regions. I am sure all of them would love to fly into an Aerosoft airport vis-a-vis an MS airport :lol:

I do believe that as long as Aerosoft produces airport sceneries, immaterial where they may be situated, you will always have your loyal fans and customers ready to plonk down money.

Having said that, I do respect your views, as I am sure this is not the only factor holding you back. None of us are in the business and I am sure we dont fully understand or know reasons for decisions taken by you to accept or reject projects. But we can always hope that you will one day put an even bigger :D on the faces of us folks who live in this part of the world.

You can probably think of doing a "lite" version of these sceneries in Asia or Aus, if it is due to lack of available data and resources. Then again, this might contradict your strict quality policy.

Once again, I thank you for enriching our experience and hope that a future landing at Sydney, Singapore, or Chennai is at an Aerosoft Mega (or lite..hehehe) Airport.

With best wishes always,

Dinshaw Parakh.

Hey Frank,

If you are looking for Australia for FS9, check out the link below! It’s made by the same developers and artists that make the Orbx for FSX. Best part is that it’s free and just as good or better than some payware that I’ve seen. Their Sydney is 100% better than CLS’s offering. :)

I hope this works for you! ;)

“Vista Australis”

http://www.vistaoz.org/