Do27 X

SF22

Hi!

When I bought the digital aviation dornier I expected it to be good, but on my computer it doesn't look good at all. The rear window in the vc is black and the description on gauges can't be read. Is there a fix for this?

Regards Magnus

PS. I really enjoy the DHC2 beaver

Just making sure... you do know you can switch tooltips off do you? Never liked them as they are of course rather distracting in a 3d cockpit.

Hi!

I knew there was this function and switched it off yesterday, but thanks anyway.

Regards Magnus

PS. I've changed my mind about the dornier I really like it.

Yeah, it's still a fine aircraft as long as you don't come up against any showstoppers as Marcel appears to have fallen out with the rest of the team. Its not compiled with the latest SDK so there can be some issues, but frankly tooltips is a non-issue, because the manual is good. Very good.

Yeah, it's still a fine aircraft as long as you don't come up against any showstoppers as Marcel appears to have fallen out with the rest of the team. Its not compiled with the latest SDK so there can be some issues, but frankly tooltips is a non-issue, because the manual is good. Very good.

Except that the printed manual is in German.

Except that the printed manual is in German.

There are excellent English language manuals (Adobe pdf ) for the Do27.

If you installed the Aerosoft download correctly, you'll find them in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Digital Aviation\Dornier Do-27\Manuals

(the red 'X86' is if you have a Vista 64 bit installation)

There are excellent English language manuals (Adobe pdf ) for the Do27.

If you installed the Aerosoft download correctly, you'll find them in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Digital Aviation\Dornier Do-27\Manuals

(the red 'X86' is if you have a Vista 64 bit installation)

I know that I said the printed manuals are in German.

You can print .pdf files. In fact the design of the DO27X manuals is to facilitate printing, if needed. But why should it be needed? A few hours instruction, reference to the manual as desired and use of the kneeboard and you should understand the complexities.

To be honest, apart from the maintenance mode, control locks and some clever if:then programming ensuring consequences for mishandling, its a relatively utilitarian bird and pretty much WYSIWYG.

As for the basics, they are pretty similar to any other GA.

Hi again!

Now when I tried the pro mode I've noticed that on my computer the engine has always failed completely even if I haven't even started the aircraft or touched anything. It's annoying when you'll have to wait about five minutes before you can take off. Should it really be so that every time you start a new flight that you have to repair your engine before you can take off?

Regards Magnus

Hi again!

Now when I tried the pro mode I've noticed that on my computer the engine has always failed completely even if I haven't even started the aircraft or touched anything. It's annoying when you'll have to wait about five minutes before you can take off. Should it really be so that every time you start a new flight that you have to repair your engine before you can take off?

Regards Magnus

Yes, if you don't use it correctly - AND this is covered in the manual which you do need.

This aircraft uses a `persistent damage` model which means even reloading the aircraft will NOT fix it. You must use maintenance mode to do so. When you switched from `simple` to `pro` mode any faults that were being ignored in simple mode are made `live` and you need to run maintenance mode to repair the aircraft. Once you have done so, and BEFORE you start the engines, save the flight over the top of the previous save game.

Then fly it right, according to the manual, so as to prevent those faults re-occurring.

I believe you can always repair the engine a lot faster by making a copy of the "paneltstate.cfg" in the folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Digital Aviation Do-27\data

..and simply reloading the backup. Of course you loose other things like hours run on the Hobbs meter or the dirty windscreens... So you could edit the file...

YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I tried this, but it caused the sim to crash, so be very, VERY sure to backup the original one - the one you are changing, before trying this.

I agree - and I will highlight Simon's message again - back it up before you buck it up! ;)

Hello there!

I have some promblems with my beloved Do-27 too.

1) The do27confix.exe doesn't work, Windows XP always returns an error message.

2) The rollover-texts in the VC aren't readable

3) the propeller-pitch and the mixture lever can't be adjusted with my joystick settings (I have a Saitek X-52 and use two rotary knobs on the throttle for these settings). It works fine with other planes, but not with the Do27X - and it's silly to use the mouse in the VC if you have a good Hotas-System!!!

Bye,

Daniel

• 3 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Did you check the "Instrument Resolution" in the "Configuration Tool?" There are choices for instrument resolution of 300x300 up to 700x700. The 700x700 ones look just fine on the 2D as well as 3D panels. See the "Do27 Addon Operation" file.

Yep! I use the 700x700 Resolution - still unreadable. Perhaps I should chose lower resolutions (but who wants by choice :huh: )

Problem No. 1.) was fixed by MAGIC (does anybody really understand Windows?). I changed nothing but a few days later it worked.. :o

• 4 months later...

And it would appear that the the button text in the VC that appears to explain each button, switch, gauge, and whatnot hasn't been fixed and won't be in the future. It isn't a showstopper for FS9 migrants like myself, but it is a little annoying...

Oh well...

I'll still enjoy this anyway, and with our local field of Northeim having a Do-27... should be fun flying in and out of there, dreaming that I were at the controls of the real one... hmm...

Andrew

Just making sure... you do know you can switch tooltips off do you? Never liked them as they are of course rather distracting in a 3d cockpit.

Sorry to bring this up after so long Mathijs, but I only recently "upgraded" to FSX and picked up the Do-27 for the reduced rate, as I have the old FS9 version...

Switching tooltips off doesn't have any effect on the small pop up texts associated with each button and so on in the VC... just thought I would mention that...

Any one have an idea how to switch those off? I pretty much know where most of the switches are, and the texture is good enough to read the placards (I understand German well enough for that after 28 years speaking it... :D)

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

Not seeing that here.

Just checked the Transponder with tooltips enabled and it tells me its the transponder when I select each button.

When Tooltips is turned off they dont.