Keflavik Iceland

MrPalmason

Hey aerosoft,

I have been wondering why no one has ever done the Kelfavik aiport.

Keflavik is a former milatry airport and is still used now by nato aircrafts after the us base was closed.

It has alot of history because of the possition of it ( in the midle of europe and america ) And its getting bigger every year as the numbers of passangers are growing

Well just a tought

• Aerosoft
Hey aerosoft,

I have been wondering why no one has ever done the Kelfavik aiport.

Keflavik is a former milatry airport and is still used now by nato aircrafts after the us base was closed.

It has alot of history because of the possition of it ( in the midle of europe and america ) And its getting bigger every year as the numbers of passangers are growing

Well just a tought

Fully agreed and it is under discussion around our offices.

Be it Kelfavic (beautiful surroundings from the air) or whatever else, keep on discussing, but keep it positive and quick as the preview section is shrinking.

Give me a shout if you need any info, I know the airport pretty well

I live in Keflavik and I am very pleased of hearing this. Hopefully you will also make him for fs9.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

Just to add my two penny worth...

Whilst I am not a large tin jockey for all those guys that are and fly across the pond Keflavik is an Alternate..

It is also a refuelling stop for ferry pilots so I can well imagine if released would prove to be very popular...

Merry Xmas to all....

Dave

Hi,

That airport would be a superb addition. The RNoAF provides MPA/AD aircraft for Iceland and exercises from there from time to time. It would be great to fly the F-16 from there. I have been there and the airport is pretty big and features crossing runways. Also the terminal is pretty nice in appearance. The smokers compartment has very little ventilation though..... :P

Please do this airport for both FS9/FSX :rolleyes:

Thanks

Actually, why not do a combo Keflavik and Reykjavik release? Both of these airports are GREAT studies (BIRK being smaller than BIKF).

Tons of commercial traffic and the Icelandic Coast Guard (I wish someone would do a decent F-27 to include an MPA version!!!!) at BIRK, and great military action at Kef to this day, despite the closure of the NAS and USAF 85th Group there, as Dag pointed out.

Good subject for scenery!

Kent

• 3 weeks later...

This is great news. I really hope Aerosoft will make the airport and it will also be available for fs9. If help is needed I can do what I can, just contact me if you will.

Best regards, Kjartan.

This is great news. I really hope Aerosoft will make the airport and it will also be available for fs9. If help is needed I can do what I can, just contact me if you will.

Best regards, Kjartan.

Same here. I will go there to take photos specially for Aerosoft. Our country is fun to fly around, if you have an mesh package. So, BIRK, BIAK, BIIS, BIVM and BIEG are all small airports that the Aerosoft team could do in a heartbeat, blindfolded :P BIIS, BIAK and BIVM are difficult approaches in heavy weathers.

Vagar airport has been developed into a payware release. Hope to get it someday.

I have the Aerosoft Scandinavian Airports 1 & 2. So a little Iceland package would be super for FS9.

Anyway, just wanted to add another point here for Iceland.

Golli.

Even better: Combine it with the Faroe Islands and Greenland airports :rolleyes:

Greetings Thomas

Kef alone would do just fine for me. ;) I am sick and tired of the ugly scenery made by myself...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

(bumping this thread) :D

So, hob about collecting some ideas and wishes? We're still in an early stage of development and nothing's decided yet. So what do you want? Airports only or complete Island? Landclass or Aerials? All airports or big ones only?

Of course we cannot include all airports (see complete list), but we'll try to do whatever you wish. ;)

I would like airports of Keflavík, Reykjavík, Ísafjörður, Akureyri, Egilsstaðir and Vestmannaeyjar. Of course the landscape would be very nice, but not must in my point of view. I really hope that you will make your product also for fs9.

Regards,

Þórður S.

Keflavík

(bumping this thread) :D

So, hob about collecting some ideas and wishes? We're still in an early stage of development and nothing's decided yet. So what do you want? Airports only or complete Island? Landclass or Aerials? All airports or big ones only?

Of course we cannot include all airports (see complete list), but we'll try to do whatever you wish. ;)