Heathrow X T5 Update - No Rain Effect/texture

JamesChams

Mr. Shaun Fletcher/Aerosoft Staff,

I updated my installation of Heathrow X and it looks amazing... Great job and thank you.

However, I do have a question regarding the concrete/asphalt textures with regards to the rain effects of FSX. One of the major features advertised for FSX was its ability to give the look of wet runways/taxiways when it rains. However, that doesn't seem to happen at Heathrow like the default or other addons airport sceneries that I have. It there a solution?

NO-RAIN-RUNWAYS-TAXIWAYS.jpg

RAIN-ON-RUNWAYS-TAXIWAYS.jpg

Thank you for your considerations.

PS: for those of you who would like to see it rain from within the VC in FSX: Click Here to get the freeware tool

• Verified Developer

Custom photo grounds don´t allow the "rain" effect. The FSX SDK does not give any solution to make ground layering,

and therefore no possibility to add the effect. And using AFCAd style taxiways would definetly not be a good solution.

Thorsten

Custom photo grounds don´t allow the "rain" effect. The FSX SDK does not give any solution to make ground layering,

and therefore no possibility to add the effect. And using AFCAd style taxiways would definetly not be a good solution.

Thorsten

Thank you for the information. I wasn't aware of that limitation in FSX. I will take a closer look at all my add-on airports; perhaps, they are using the default freeware texture enhancements that I installed. Those that aren't; well, I'll just have to find out if they suffer the same limitation.

Thank you!

PS: I would like the heathrow Support CD, with all the updates, sent to my Home. I paid for it already. Thank you.

I looked into this issue with textures and I've noticed a number of problems....

All the Aerosoft sceneries that I have installed have some issues perhaps with Nvidia Graphic drivers/cards or by default with FSX or both...

1. Aerosoft's Freeware Stadiums 2008.

Shows through the clouds and flickers.

post-13668-1217020225_thumb.jpg

2. Florence X Anomaly - Needle poking out of the ground and casting a shadow that can be seen as far as the airport over a 100 miles away.

post-13668-1217020317_thumb.jpgpost-13668-1217020143_thumb.jpg

3. Rain effect seen on some textures and not on others...

post-13668-1217113121_thumb.jpgpost-13668-1217113160_thumb.jpg

UPDATED to fix incorrect picture placed earlier

There is some problems that need to be addressed to resolve these for all the textures formats being used in Aerosofts FSX products.

Please remember I am asking this as your customer and not to bash anyone's hard work. Thank you for your understanding and hope that you all can fix it soon.

Hi,

regarding the last screenshot: This is definetly NOT London HeathrowX from Aerosoft/sim-wings.

Thorsten

Thank you for pointing that out....I may have accidently got this pic mixed up with another; but the same issue does occur with that scenery as well. I'll repost it shortly.

UPDATED to fix incorrect picture placed with Heathrow X pic's

• Verified Developer

HI,

regarding Heathrow:

FSX does NOT provide ANY possibility to change the seasonal ground textures to "white snowed" at airports when it

is snowing. Only the default Landclass textures will change. We can only use 4 seasons: SPRING, SUMMER, FALL, WINTER.

The so called HEAVYWINTER season can not be used for any custom object despite Landclass texture and autogen object.

We changed the seasons corresponding to the default seasons (LHR is not snowy in default winter season).

About the rain: I can see no problem in some objects showing rainy reflections and others dont (like in reality). Anyway this does not mean that we can use the same technique for the missing rain effect on ground.

Thorsten, sim-wings

regarding Heathrow:

FSX does NOT provide ANY possibility to change the seasonal ground textures to "white snowed" at airports when it

is snowing. Only the default Landclass textures will change. We can only use 4 seasons: SPRING, SUMMER, FALL, WINTER.

The so called HEAVYWINTER season can not be used for any custom object despite Landclass texture and autogen object.

We changed the seasons corresponding to the default seasons (LHR is not snowy in default winter season).

About the rain: I can see no problem in some objects showing rainy reflections and others dont (like in reality). Anyway this does not mean that we can use the same technique for the missing rain effect on ground.

Thorsten, sim-wings

Mr. Thorsten,

I've brought this issue to other scenery developers and, like yourself, they have been very informative in communicating the limitations of the environment with which you have to work with. Thank you for taking the time to explain this further to me. I'm aware of the reality of London's Seasons (as I've lived there in the recent past) and, more and more, FS' abilities to mimic the actual conditions. But, I was hoping to see the Spring, Summer, Autum, and Winter have differing textures to show the actual tone of colours that occur with the reality of the area based on the Time & Season menu option and NOT if the weather conditions proclude it. However, you must have some development constraints to which I wasn't aware of. All in all this is an excellent package and I hope that you continue to update it to resolve/add to its authenticity.

Thank you again.

• 2 weeks later...