Mega Airport Frankfurt X Lighting Problem

SimPilot767

Hi there,

i installed MAF for FSX (vista) today an recognised a problem

with the runway lighting and PAPI´s.

Looks very weird...

(light bloom is off and i have the recommended settings)

any ideas?

Thanks,

Timo

x1_480.jpg

Do you have SP2 or/and Acceleration Pack installed as mentioned in the system requirements?

yes, i have Acc-pack installed.

i didn´t have this problem at Mega Airport Brussels and Mega Airport Heathrow

further addons are: VFR Germany, Ultimate Terrain Europe, Shockwave 3D-lights, active skyX, FS Global and some planes...

regards,

Timo

It seems I have a similar problem:

MAFXprop.jpg

Note that the taxiway lights seem allright, so the halo.bmp seems to be allright... I've no problems at other airports, default or for example GAP Hannover X.

Acceleration is installed. Addons active in the area: VFR Germany (1+2), UT Europe X, German Airfields 1+3, German Airports Hannover X. Graphics card: ATI Mobility Radeon 1600X with Omega 3.8.421 drivers. Bloom is off, graphics are DirectX 9.

Maybe something is wrong with an FX file?

Otherwise, I really like your new Mega Airport... Allthough I have on complaint: I would like to have a batch file to do the VFR Germany modifications, like the German Airfields have, since I have VFR Germany moved to a different folder, and the setup doesn't find the scenery (unless I create a dummy folder). Or an option to check it manually in the setup...or a list which files have to be renamed in the manual. I think your approach doesn't take into consideration that you could install VFR Germany after your airport sceneries. :)

P.S.: From further out, it looks a lot like Timo's problem.

My guess is FS displaying both the Frankfurt X and the default EDDF together.

In fact, I have the similiar problem. When I taxi in the daytime, I found the taxiway texture flickering and from there I can see the default taxiway texture.

In the FlightSim Commander, I found in one gate, there are 2 gate number, one from Frankfurt X and the other is from the default airport.

This also make a great frame rate hit to me. On ground, frame rate is 2-3 but once takeoff, it jumps to 20.

Solution?

I think Aerosoft should add an exclusion file to take away the default airport, just like Ultimate Terrain take away the default roads and railways.

I am not sure whether it is possible. :unsure:

My guess is FS displaying both the Frankfurt X and the default EDDF together.

No, that's not the problem here. If the ground textures are still loading, you can indeed briefly see the underlying default-style airport and lights together with the MAFX lights. In that case, I see normal (default) lights, and those huge blobs, well seperated. The problem is indeed directly with the MAFX lights.

I think Aerosoft should add an exclusion file to take away the default airport, just like Ultimate Terrain take away the default roads and railways.

I am not sure whether it is possible. :unsure:

That would be possible, but the airport wouldn't exist for FSX anymore, all it would know is that there is some GMAX object placed there. AI couldn't use it, ATC and your GPS wouldn't know it. The information they need or use is tied directly to the (default) visual elements of the airport.

I have the same strange problem with very ugly PAPI-lights in Frankfurt-X (Nvidia 8800, Vista32).

Any ideas?

Best whishes Lars

This also make a great frame rate hit to me. On ground, frame rate is 2-3 but once takeoff, it jumps to 20.

I've noticed all the same things, large lights etc. But the biggest impact is the framerates :huh: . I'm running an E6850 with an 8800GTX and can only get 5-9 FPS on the ground flying in the default trike??!!! :huh: Heaven forbid I load a flight with the PMDG 747!!

There is something seriously wrong here.

Ron

The same for me!

I'm getting 5-8 fps with the (low) recommended

settings even with the default 737.

(dual core 2,4 ,nvidia 8800 gts, 4 GB ram)

If i would use the PMDG 747, FSX would look

like a wallpaper!

Timo

Hello Folks,

Theres a topic regarding the same problem, folks have mentioned the Shockwave lights here.

Does anyone have them installed.

Hi Shaun,

Yes I have the shockwave lights installed, and an nvidia card with the same problems.

Regards, Ron

Hallo,

try to disable the file eddf_fsx_runway.bgl in the scenery folder of MAF. There must be something wrong with this file, it is responsible for the runway lights. After disabeling framerates went fron 6 to 20 with my comp.

Bernhard

• Aerosoft
Hallo,

try to disable the file eddf_fsx_runway.bgl in the scenery folder of MAF. There must be something wrong with this file, it is responsible for the runway lights. After disabeling framerates went fron 6 to 20 with my comp.

Bernhard

The problems have been isolated to having to do with the effects in combination with Vista. The developers are looking into the issue.

Mathijs,

that's no Vista problem, it's also an XP problem. I have XP and have also these problems with the lights/effects. But I think now it must be easy to resolve.

Bernhard

Hallo,

Bernhard

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for offering this temporary solution. I'm also using windows XP, so your right when you say it is not isolated to Vista. Also, to disable the file that you mentioned, would I just add another extension on the end? eg. eddf_fsx_runway.bgl.txt

Thanks, Ron