Lisbon 2008

ALW

Hello all.

I have just purchased Lisbon 2008 and am very impressed.However I do have an issue with this airport as I do all the others from AES. I am not sure if it is something I can put right because I do lack knowledge with regard to computers.

Anyway to the point. I see a lot of what I call 'glistening' on certain parts of the scenery. I can't think of a better way to describe it-sorry. I do not experience this with the other manufacturers add on airports and if anyone has any ideas I would be grateful.

Thanks

Hi, I have exactly the same issue, however it is impossible to capture the effect by way of a screenshot because it is only apparent when you are moving. When you are static, either in your aircraft or looking at the scenery in spot view everything appears fine. I will try to describe the effects I see when moving around the airport or on apporach etc. Items of scenery such as fences and lighting poles appear to shimmer as if you can see that they are being constantly re-drawn. This also applies to some roof line edges. This does happen at some other addon airports and I believe the problem has something to do with non-mipmap textures. Your own AA and AF settings can also have an effect. I have found that when a developer provides mipmap textures, such as was the case for Mega Airport Frankfurt, most of the shimmering effect is cured.

Best regards

James :P

Hi, I have exactly the same issue, however it is impossible to capture the effect by way of a screenshot because it is only apparent when you are moving. When you are static, either in your aircraft or looking at the scenery in spot view everything appears fine. I will try to describe the effects I see when moving around the airport or on apporach etc. Items of scenery such as fences and lighting poles appear to shimmer as if you can see that they are being constantly re-drawn. This also applies to some roof line edges. This does happen at some other addon airports and I believe the problem has something to do with non-mipmap textures. Your own AA and AF settings can also have an effect. I have found that when a developer provides mipmap textures, such as was the case for Mega Airport Frankfurt, most of the shimmering effect is cured.

Best regards

James :P

Hi UKFLYER

How you described it was exactly as I intended to. If you have any info on how to correct it that would be great. I agree it cannot be seen in a screenshot.

Thanks

Hello ALW

Sadly, I don't have any solution for this problem. I find it a shame because it does detract slightly from the enjoyment of what is, in all other ways, a beautiful and very well designed scenery. There is a new scenery of Atlanta from another developer, and this suffers very badly from the effects we have discussed. The whole airport looks as though it is moving and you see the lines of the building roof edges appearing and moving over and over again when you fly on appoach or move around on the ground. I find there are problems with all the sceneries from that developer.. I do not have any issues with other Aerosoft sceneries or those from flytampa. You should not see movement effect of lines of the structures being re-drawn, it should display smooth and intact with no such effects, just as the default MS buildings do. I wonder if there are any other people with the same issue with Lisbon.

Best wishes

:):)

Hello ALW

Sadly, I don't have any solution for this problem. I find it a shame because it does detract slightly from the enjoyment of what is, in all other ways, a beautiful and very well designed scenery. There is a new scenery of Atlanta from another developer, and this suffers very badly from the effects we have discussed. The whole airport looks as though it is moving and you see the lines of the building roof edges appearing and moving over and over again when you fly on appoach or move around on the ground. I find there are problems with all the sceneries from that developer.. I do not have any issues with other Aerosoft sceneries or those from flytampa. You should not see movement effect of lines of the structures being re-drawn, it should display smooth and intact with no such effects, just as the default MS buildings do. I wonder if there are any other people with the same issue with Lisbon.

Best wishes

:):)

Hello UKFlyer

I agree it is a shame especially when the graphics are so good.I will try Aerosoft and see if they have any ideas. I have stopped using all my Aerosoft airports for this reason.It is very uncomfortable viewing!! I use mainly UK200O scenery and not a problem with those. Never mind we don't live in a perfect world!!

Thanks again

Regards

Alan