winward island xp12

Hi,

When loading the scenery,i've got a sign in front of the aircraft that says sam librairies need to be updated.

I've got sam installed but no clues where to install Sam libraries??

Any idea?

Regards.

• Verified Developer

If you don't want to install SAM for any reason you can also use this fallback library to remove the signs:

SAM Fallback Library

If you want to use SAM please make sure you have the option to automatically install libraries in SAM activated (Menu bar > Plugins > SAM > Gear Icon  > upper-left setting > "automatically handled by SAM"). If you don't want to use this feature you can also install SAM Library manually:

1. Install SAM plugin (if not yet done)
  2. Go to "X-Plane/Plugins/SAM/lib" folder
  3. Copy "SAM_Library" from Plugins folder into Custom Scenery folder

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Didier Querville said:

i've got a sign in front of the aircraft that says sam librairies need to be updated.

Thank you for your interest in and your purchase of Tahiti & Windward Islands XP.

Are you using Aerosoft One or Steam? If you installed the product via Aerosoft One, you should actually receive also the latest SAM library. If not, please start Aerosoft One and check whether SAM or a SAM update is offered you. (similar should apply for Steam, but I'm not sure)

If not, try starting the "Content Manager" for your OS under Resources/plugins/SAM manually, and letting it check for an update. If there is no "Content Manager" in your SAM folder, you have a very old SAM version, probably SAM v2 installed, and you need SAM v3.

Detailed instructions were linked by Heinz. Last not least, note the tips by Agi.

2 hours ago, FlyAgi said:

If you don't want to install SAM for any reason you can also use this fallback library

Just FYI: Such a fallback library shouldn't be necessary for any of the M2XP sceneries because we always implement SAM in a way so it's entirely optional, i.e. the sceneries run without SAM installed.

• Verified Developer
vor 2 Stunden schrieb maps2xplane:

Such a fallback library shouldn't be necessary for any of the M2XP sceneries because we always implement SAM in a way so it's entirely optional, i.e. the sceneries run without SAM installed.

But if you have included the official fallback from Stairport the user might see 'please install latest SAM Library' hints as mentioned in the first post - my new fallback removes these hints.

5 hours ago, FlyAgi said:

But if you have included the official fallback from Stairport the user might see 'please install latest SAM Library' hints as mentioned in the first post

Actually we have our own placeholders, which is why I'm a bit confused by the OP's report. Anyways, @Didier Querville if an update or re-installation of SAM doesn't resolve your SAM issue, please provide us a copy of your Log.txt (found in the root of your XP installation), and a screenshot of what you see in XP. (i.e. the placeholder sign)