Installation Windows 11

Hey, 

I am the developer of the Real World Database for GATC. I recently updated to Windows 11 and tried to install GATC to update and maintain my Database for the community. 

Unfortunately, I am not able to even install GATC. I am aware that GATC says that only Win 8 and 10 are supported. By any chance, is it possible to make it run on Win 11? 

I would really like to continue my work to make it as good as possible. 

Thanks in advance. 

Luca

Am 21.6.2023 um 16:57 schrieb mopperle:

And what exactly is the problem? Any error message?

That's the error message I always get

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Google can be very helpfull when searching for those error messages:

in your case it points to a broken hardware, like drive, DVD etc.

If you try to install  from a DVD, you can try to copy the files to a drive and install from there.

• Aerosoft

I do not think this is an install issue. 

The Feature Transfer Error is one of the nastiest you can have on a Windows install. I have reinstalled Windows on two machines because I could not sort it out. The error is caused by an Operating System file that is corrupt.  The most comprehensive way of at least making sure one of the common causes is solved is this:

"1) Open the "All Users" folder "C:\Users\Public").
2) In "All Users" folder, right-click on the "Shared Documents" or "Public Documents" folder and Select "Properties".
3) In "General" tab, clear the check-box marked as "Read-only".
4) Click "Apply" and "OK" on the pop-up box.
5) Then, go to "Security" tab
6) Select "Administrators".
7) Verify that "Deny" is not checked for anything. If it is, please un-check it. (For Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10: please click "Edit" to Update it.)
😎 Verify that "Allow" is checked for "Full Control". If it is not, please check it. (For Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10: please click "Edit" to Update it.)
9) If there are any other entries in the group or user names list, repeat steps 8-9 for each of them.
10) Click on "Apply", then click on "OK".
11) Go to start screen, type and search %Temp%, then delete all of them. (C:\Users\<user account>\AppData\Local\Temp.)
12) Go to Windows Explorer at C:\Windows\Temp, and delete all the files under Temp folder.
13) Go to the Start screen, type and search Windows Update. Then select "Check for updates" from the search list to check and install all important updates.
14) Reboot your computer"

I personally would also do a windows files check.