Aerosoft One

mikkel

Can you please try to prioritise moving more of the products you sell to this platform (Aerosoft One)?

Reason for nagging: Just had an involuntary deletion of the Community Folder, for me at least, the most annoying products to manually install are the ones from FSDG and FranceVFR, as they are available with automatic installers on other platforms.

Also, I bought one product directly from a developer at one point, but I see now that their product is also available on Aerosoft (even supporting Aerosoft One), would it be possible to let users move over to the Aerosoft plattform with a proof-of-purchase?

• Deputy Sheriffs
31 minutes ago, mikkel said:

Also, I bought one product directly from a developer at one point, but I see now that their product is also available on Aerosoft (even supporting Aerosoft One), would it be possible to let users move over to the Aerosoft plattform with a proof-of-purchase?

Not sure If it works in this case, but did you try to add it to the LIbrary vie the "Enter Product Key"?

I doubt that it would or should work, but I'll give it a try. But regarding the main question, how come the FSDG landmark sceneries and FranceVFR products are not using Aerosoft One, when they integrate with other publishers installers...?

I'd go the other way: I much prefer to install stuff myself rather than have to rely on any number of different launchers and installers, including several that just start each other. I'm sure it's handy for inexperienced users but at least always give the option for a full manual install.

Everything about my systems is custom, including the directories where things have to go. Automated installers tend to fail in such a scenario as all too often they have no way to detect properly where things are to go they get it wrong. Heck, I have both XP11 and XP12 installed and frequently automatic installers find either neither or they find the wrong one.

Am 29.3.2023 um 09:43 schrieb jwenting:

I'm sure it's handy for inexperienced users but at least always give the option for a full manual install.

I, as an experienced user, am very happy about installers like AS One. It gives me a good oversight of my addons and notices me about updates, which are very quick and easy to install, too. And it lets me choose where to install all the content.

Thumb up for AS One.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

On 3/29/2023 at 7:53 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

I am sorry our ideas do not match your preferences.  

However, if you manage your systems fully custom I am sure it is not such a troublesome task to 'correct' our installers. 

I've no problem with such tools, I just don't want to be forced to use them :)

• Aerosoft
On 4/1/2023 at 12:11 PM, jwenting said:

I've no problem with such tools, I just don't want to be forced to use them :)

30% of our support was about installers, serial codes, where to find updates etc. That is now down to 3%. Means hundreds of customers NOT having issues.

On 3/29/2023 at 9:43 AM, jwenting said:

I'd go the other way: I much prefer to install stuff myself rather than have to rely on any number of different launchers and installers, including several that just start each other. I'm sure it's handy for inexperienced users but at least always give the option for a full manual install.

Everything about my systems is custom, including the directories where things have to go. Automated installers tend to fail in such a scenario as all too often they have no way to detect properly where things are to go they get it wrong. Heck, I have both XP11 and XP12 installed and frequently automatic installers find either neither or they find the wrong one.

In my view. You sounds like the opposite of an experienced user. Custom everything is asking for trouble, or at least additional unnecessary workload and general QA-problems. Aerosoft One is a perfectly fine product, the problem I'm raising are some of the products Aerosoft sell use their own installers with their own serial code system.  If this is what you are referring to, then I agree with you, it's better to be able to download a folder and drop it into your Community Folder yourself, and this is basically what Aerosoft One does, however it also takes care of your licenses and automatically updates your files and folders when there are updates available, and you can buy a new product directly from the app, and it's automatically installed.

• Upvote 1

On 4/2/2023 at 5:39 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

30% of our support was about installers, serial codes, where to find updates etc. That is now down to 3%. Means hundreds of customers NOT having issues.

...but are you not able to push all the products you sell to Aerosoft One genuine support? As an example, FranceVFR and FSDG... 

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, as we are not the publisher of those products. 

I see, but this policy of how the products are distributed, somewhat hamperns the experience of buying products from Aerosoft. The same products can be acquired from Microsoft Marketplace Store or ORBX, without any other tedious custom installation procedures. At these shops FranceVFR and FSDG products are packaged in a 'native way'. As I don't know what policies that might be involved, I understand that this might be difficult to address, but a stop-gap, maybe Aerosoft could consider to make a list with only the 'unsupported' products when you press the button for downloading products not supported by Aerosoft One, from the Aerosoft One library tab? Currently you only get sent to the regular unfiltered download/product list, where all downloads are listed.

• Thanks 1

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, mikkel said:

I see, but this policy of how the products are distributed, somewhat hamperns the experience of buying products from Aerosoft. The same products can be acquired from Microsoft Marketplace Store or ORBX, without any other tedious custom installation procedures. At these shops FranceVFR and FSDG products are packaged in a 'native way'. As I don't know what policies that might be involved, I understand that this might be difficult to address, but a stop-gap, maybe Aerosoft could consider to make a list with only the 'unsupported' products when you press the button for downloading products not supported by Aerosoft One, from the Aerosoft One library tab? Currently you only get sent to the regular unfiltered download/product list, where all downloads are listed.

In fact, I just raised that issue in a chat with others. You are not wrong. 

• Herman locked this topic