Popup size issue in CRJ for MSFS

I haven't flown the CRJ in a while so today I checked the installation with the updater and it said everything was up to date.  After starting a flight I brought up the popup for the pilot's PFD and was surprised to see it come up full screen.  I tried resizing it and noticed that the windows for the popups are not in the same aspect ratio as the indicator itself.  When I resize the popup windows and then close them out they do not retain the size I had set them to but come up full screen again.  I tried reinstalling the aircraft but the issue is still the same.  Is there a fix for this?

Please login to display this image.

I played around with resizing the popup window and saw how the popup resizes inside the window.  Also discovered it works this way in other aircraft, so Asobo must have at some point changed the way the popups work because I don't remember them working this way but it has been a while since I used a popup window.  Just wish the sim would remember the resized window size instead of having to minimize it and having to resize it every time I start a flight with an aircraft.

Well thank you for taking a look at it.  I just hope that Asobo fixes this issue as it does make it a bit difficult for me to adjust the altitude setting.  I either have to spend a few minutes adjusting the size of the popup window or use a magnifying glass to read the altitude on the PFD when setting it with the autopilot controls.

I submitted a ticket to Microsoft regarding the issue but also did some checking on other aircraft.  On the default A320 NEO the popups open up half screen.  On the Inibuilds A310 that was recently added to the simulator the windows open up in small windows.  The popups on the default 747 open the same as in the default A320 NEO.  So it seems that each aircraft determines how large the popup window is when opened.  Perhaps you could take another look and modify how the popup windows open on the CRJ so they at least are easier to adjust.  When I open up a popup window on the current CRJ release it actually opens up larger than full screen on my dual monitors.  I realize that there is no config file to maintain the resized setting.  That is the way it works on the default Asobo airliners, but if the popup windows on the CRJ would at least open up a lot smaller they would be much easier to adjust in size.

Here are some screenshots taken of the PFD popups for the B747, A310, MaddogX and the Aerosoft CRJ so you can see the different sizes the windows open in.  As you can see the 747 popup is over half of the screen size (same in the A320).  The A310 popup is relatively small as is the popup for the MaddogX.  But the popup for the CRJ fills the screen and is even larger that my 1920x1080 screen size and spreads over to my seconf monitor.

Thank you for that information.  I downloaded the app and setup the pilot PFD for all four versions of the CRJ.  It helps but I would rather see Aerosoft and other developers adjust the initial popup size for their aircraft.  As shown in my post above, some developers have done this (reference the screenshots for the A310 and the MaddogX).  On those aircraft I only have to move the popup window to where I want it as it is already about the size I desire.   In the mean time the MSFS Pop Out Manager will definitely help with the CRJ.  It is nice that it automatically starts the popup for the PFD when I start a flight.  I would like to explain why I need to use a PFD popup for the CRJ.  My eyesight isn't that good at my age (almost 69) and the autopilot controls on the CRJ do not have digital readouts for heading, vertical velocity, altitude, etc.  So I have to bring up a popup for the PFD so I can see the changes I'm making on the autopilot panel.  Without using the popup I have to use a magnifying glass to read the readouts on the PFD.  I have attached a screenshot with the pop out manager creating a pop out for the pilot PFD.  Thank you again for suggesting this addon.

• Like 1