A Variables for NAV Standby frequency?

Gouveia1971

Hello!!!

Im trying to replicate the RTU on my Streamdeck. Im using for that a Streamdeck XL and the new Streamdeck + with the rotating knobs.

I managed to replicate the COM section quite well.

The active and the standby frequencies are 100%settable with the knobs and also 100% displayed with:

A:COM ACTIVE FREQUENCY:1, Number

A:COM STANDBY FREQUENCY:1, Number

For the COM2 section you just have to change the number after the : from 1 to 2

Where Im having trouble is with the NAV Standby frequency 

The active NAV1 frequency is correctly settable and displayed with:

A:NAV ACTIVE FREQUENCY:1, Number

The Standby frequency does not work: it is settable: the LSK buttons and the knobs work perfectly but it will not displaid.

Im using: A:NAV STANDBY FREQUENCY:1, Number    but the frequency that appears is another one that is not changeable.

The A: variable is not working

Does somebody know which is the A: variable for the Standby NAV frequency?

Thank you

Kind regards

Rui Gouveia

LPPR

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Hi,

Please check this : 
NAV ACTIVE FREQUENCY:1, kHz
NAV ACTIVE FREQUENCY:2
NAV STANDBY FREQUENCY:1
NAV STANDBY FREQUENCY:2

However the radio logic in the CRJ is quite complex to allow multiple different standby frequencies.
You might not actually see the same as on the RTU

Best regards.

Hi

Thank you for your quick answer.

Tried all the possibilities. The active frequency works fine. Only the standby freuquency does not work.

I made a variables search on AAO and for the Standby NAV frequencies there is no active variables.

For the COM there are variables available for COM 1 & 2  active and standby.

Regards

• Developer

I just checked the source code again. I store the standby frequencies in C++ variables and not in simvars because there are three different ways of setting frequencies (FMS, RTU, BTU). I can try if writing them to the standby frequency simvars causes any issues. If not, they will be available with the next update.

• Thanks 4

You can handle this with the K-Variables:

(>K:COM_RADIO_FRACT_INC)

(>K:COM_RADIO_FRACT_DEC)

(>K:COM_RADIO_WHOLE_INC)

(>K:COM_RADIO_WHOLE_DEC)

This works fine here with Axis And Ohs and the Rotaries of my X-Touch Mini.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 12/26/2022 at 3:44 PM, Ha_Ma said:

You can handle this with the K-Variables:

(>K:COM_RADIO_FRACT_INC)

(>K:COM_RADIO_FRACT_DEC)

(>K:COM_RADIO_WHOLE_INC)

(>K:COM_RADIO_WHOLE_DEC)

This works fine here with Axis And Ohs and the Rotaries of my X-Touch Mini.

I believe these control the COM frequencies and work fine out of the box anyway. What we need is a way to access and display the NAV standby frequencies. As far as I understand, these are the only ones that have an issue since they are not exposed to any simvars. With NAV standby frequencies not available outside of the RTU display, I can not control them via Saitek Radio panel, nor display them on e.g. an Elgato Stream Deck. Worse, the RTU unit itself cannot easily be popped out to other screens, because for whatever reason MSFS does not store location/size of CRJ pop out windows (while it does with other aircraft). So every time I start a flight specifically with the CRJ I have to manually set up my pop out windows which is a huge pain. This is a different issue though.

Hopefully this will be addressed in a future update.

• Developer

No sorry, there are no L or A variables for the standby frequencies in the instruments themselves. Because the frequencies need to be synchronized between three different instruments (MCDU, RTU, BTU), everything is handled internally in C++ variables