Scenery Problem with East Frisian Islands (Stuttering, FPS when in this Area)

Dirk1981

Hello folks,

My System is a 12900K with a 3090 and I am on Win11, latest release.

When reaching the Area of the Islands, my FPS are dropping from 70 to 35-40 with heavy unflyable stutters every ca 0.5sec. The Developer Mode display is showing these drops in performance.

When deactivating the East Frisian Islands in Aerosoft One, everything is normal at around 70 FPS. I tried reinstalling this AddOn but it´s still the same issue.

Does anyone else have this specific Scenery Problem?

Please login to display this image.

Regards,

Dirk

Hello Mathijs,

No, nothing special. Even testet without anything else than this AddOn. Deaktivatet all other AddOns.

It occurs when approaching this Area. For example - Starting in EDDH along the river and when reaching the marked X, FPS are dropping down and heavy stutters beginning.

This is not AC related. Tested with other Aircrafts. When I load directly to Borkum Airfield (EDWR), stutters are there as soon as loading is finished. Maybe I am able to make a Video.

As I said, when deactivating this AddOn, everything works normal.

Here a Video after 6 seconds, the initial stutter begins when reaching the islands. Watch the Performance display from the Develeoper Mode. You can see the stutters there.

Please login to view this video.

The only config-file tweak I use is setting Filmgrain and sharpen to "0" if that´s what you mean by "config-file-tweak"?

Here is another Video. This time I´ve used Slew-Mode to overfly the Frisian Islands this time, coming from South-West.

Frames are around 90 FPS and when reaching Borkum, stuttering and Framedrops begin. Its getting back to normal when far away from the Scenery.

For this test, I disabled everything else in the AddOn folder via the AddOn-Linker.  

@Mathijs Kok First video above is with Scenery enabled, second video ist with scenery deactivated via Aerosoft One.

Something ist hammering on the CPU. Its definitely caused by the scenery.

Is there any redundant things you may have to deinstall from Asobo? Like with LSZH or LOWI payware, when Asobo as well provided any scenery withing their packs?

Only loaded onto a GA parking in EDWR

• Aerosoft

Dirk, while I do see a drop in framerate when things get in range (as would be expected) it simply is nothing I would consider abnormal.  That is tested on my 'clean system' that has only the sim and the thing to test. 

Again the question, is there anybody else who sees this?

Hello Mathijs,

I am not aware of a few FPS. It’s totally normal to have a bit of a drop with a scenery but we are talking of 90ish FPS with no CPU stutter/hickups to 40FPS with heavy frequent stutters. I reinstalled Windows11 yesterday due to an other issue but this has not changed. I will try to find the root cause but for me it’s clearly scenery related. I don’t have any similar issue with other scenery. If there’s anyone with a similar issue please post it here.

You say, it might be normal. Mathijs - 12900k and a 3090 and 64GB Ram. I have no issues with other sceneries and used this AddOns in the past with no problem. Maybe its SU10 related?

Edit: Reinstalled the whole Simulator yesterday: 100+ Gigabyte --> Same issue.

Ok, i have tested. Started at EDDH and followed the Elbe and then the coastline. As you can see, i even used the PA-28 Arrow III too.

Please don't worry about my frametimes, i guess my I7 10700k can not feed my RTX 3090 TI enough. Here you see me leaving the Elbe with 54 FPS and everything is running smooth:

This next picture is me reaching the Frisian Islands, frames still at 51 and smooth all the times:

To be fair, i must say that frametimes droped down to 30-35, but this is still quite smooth and i could not realise stutters as you describe them.

• Thanks 2

Thank you for trying this out for me. I’m not aware of a bit of FPS dropping but the frequent CPU hickups as you can see in the graph.  The FPS Graph from developer tools would be interesting. There you can see the stutters in my video. I don’t know what’s causing this. I have this scenery since quite a long time and didn’t have this issue before SU10. I used to have perfect smooth flights there mit my system. I’ll keep you updated in case I find anything.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to let you know, with SU11, I still have this Problem - Nowhere else in the World. Till now, I coudn´t find any solution.

Again, you can see se CPU stutters in a certain frequency. I will deinstall it again tomorrow but I have no hope.

@Mathijs Kok

Finally success...

I found the root cause for this (my) issue. It´s the ORBX MALMÖ and ORBX Stockholm Bromma .wasm files in those scenerys.

What I´ve done:

1. I deleted every Addon from my Community folder until I got rid of this issue. This was the case when deleting both ORBX Scenerys Malmö and Bromma.

2.To confirm,  I´ve put ORBX Malmö, ORBX Bromma and AS Frisian Islands in an empty Community folder.  Resulting in the expected CPU Hickups (red peaks in graph) --> Unfylable:

3. I´ve then put just AS Frisian Islands and one of the ORBX Scenerys in the Community Foder. The hickups are the same but less noticable. Hickups are just yellow:

4. AS Frisian Islands alone: Everything okay - No Hickups and perfect FPS.

I noticed, that both ORBX Scenerys have a .wasm file inside the Modules Folder:

When deleting both files from the ORBX Scenerys, everything with AS Frisian Islands went back to normal.

The ORBX Scenerys itself are working just fine with NO cpu Hickups.

For some reason they are conflicting with your Scenery. Can you think of any connection the wasm-files may affect your Scenery?

Regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Many thanks for your feedback. This is an important info for me, because i had bought Bromma few days ago. So in fact of having such stutters i know where to look for a solution.

• Like 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, Dirk1981 said:

For some reason they are conflicting with your Scenery. Can you think of any connection the wasm-files may affect your Scenery?

Thanks for sharing.
WASM (WebAssembly) files contain running code. They are Microsofts replacement for DLLs. Maybe they get active/executed when you enter a certain area and maybe this area is too big. Did you report this also to Orbx?

• Upvote 1

vor 12 Minuten schrieb mopperle:

Thanks for sharing.
WASM (WebAssembly) files contain running code. They are Microsofts replacement for DLLs. Maybe they get active/executed when you enter a certain area and maybe this area is too big. Did you report this also to Orbx?

No, because I cannot tell wether it´s an Orbx issue or AeroSoft - I don´t know anything about this code. For me, it seems more like an AS issue beacuse no other Scenery of many I own is affected by that, but I´m just guessing.

Yep - I totally understand this Mathijs. As I said - I don´t know anything about that and whom to blame. I will contact Orbx and send the Thread-Link to get them into this.

• Deputy Sheriffs
23 minutes ago, Dirk1981 said:

beacuse no other Scenery of many I own is affected

Thats why I wrote "when you enter a ceratin area". I have seen similar things in the past in other sims. So please be so kind and ask Orbx too.

• Like 1