Climb Performance

What climb performance does everyone get?  Max gross, prop 75%, 45% TQ.  I get around 6 FPM Cruise 120 kts indicated.  I had better performance than that with CCMs mod, the new work around i get similar performance.   If I move the prop lever to max, adjust TQ back to 40% cruise speed is 130 kts.  Don't know if something is causing this bug.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Please refer to the manual for engine settings and resulting performance. 

You try to climb with about CRZ settings and speed. 

Make also sure your are not overweighted and flaps are up. 

Are you using real weather? if yes, make sure you do not have unrealistic temperatures. 

On 3/29/2022 at 8:59 AM, Nick Craig said:

What climb performance does everyone get?  Max gross, prop 75%, 45% TQ.  I get around 6 FPM Cruise 120 kts indicated.  I had better performance than that with CCMs mod, the new work around i get similar performance.   If I move the prop lever to max, adjust TQ back to 40% cruise speed is 130 kts.  Don't know if something is causing this bug.

Please login to display this image.

I got that kind of reading when flying with CCM's mod which is close to stalling climb. Try removing it and testing. Average climb around 50kg below MTOW would be 1000fpm speed 105-110kts ias. Prop 75% TRQ 45% fuel flow 300/h with T5 temperature near still in the green but near the yellow band.

I agree, climb performance is much better without CCM's mod.  With the mod if I climb 84% on the prop 45PSI TQ I am 90 kts 1000 fpm at 12400 lbs.  CCM's mod, the performance was better before. I feel this is a good trade off for a more stable approach/landing.  Without the mod I feel I am always on the power trying not to go too fast or stall.  Need the best of both, if I knew how to tweak I would do it myself.

Archived