Format and Range Function Stopped Working

acbent123

Loving the CRJ, but during my flight today, the format and range functions became inoperable. The buttons rotated freely as usual, but I could not switch NAV sources, nor could I extend my map range. As such, my descent and approach was a bit sloppy and I had to hand land the plane - which I normally do anyway, when visibility is good, and it was today. I like to extend the map range out so that I can set my VS to arrive at a waypoint at the correct altitude. The map range seemed to switch itself to 10NM inner ring and 20NM outer ring by itself and could not be moved from there. Oddly, the first officer's display was at 20NM and 40NM range, but it was unresponsive to changes as well.

I have done many flights and not encountered this before. I searched all the FAQs and read the operations manual. The only reference I could find was that the range will default to 10NM if there is a ground proximity warning.

Any help would be appreciated. Maybe I've inadvertently pressed a button that locked out those functions. Hope to be back up and flying safe descents and approaches again soon. 

Figured I throw in a couple pics of my otherwise enjoyable flight: CYVR (Vancouver) to CYEG (Edmonton)

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found it is limited to one livery. My VA's repaint. I have seen somewhere in the forums about a single livery having issues in the past but can't seem to find the post again.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Eric Hill

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 4/30/2022 at 1:45 PM, erichill336 said:

I found it is limited to one livery. My VA's repaint. I have seen somewhere in the forums about a single livery having issues in the past but can't seem to find the post again.

Which one?

On 4/9/2022 at 5:11 PM, Herman said:

Is this still and issue for you or has it gone away?

I don't know how I missed this, but sorry. It did go away. I have not had the issue since. 

• Thanks 1

• Herman locked and unlocked this topic
  • Deputy Sheriffs
5 hours ago, acbent123 said:

I don't know how I missed this, but sorry. It did go away. I have not had the issue since. 

Thanks for the update. I'll leave this open for another week to give erichill 386 a chance to say which livery caused the conflict.

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry to just be updating. I found the solution in another post. The xml range for several knobs was missing from the .model as it was copied from one with a fault early in the CRJ's life. After adding the appropriate ranges all works nicely. I found this in a CRJ1000 range knobs not working thread.

Regards,

E. Hill 

• Thanks 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.