banking to the right on taxi

zannu

Hi and thanks for your plane.

I have only one  problem with this.

The plane passing 15-18 knots on field suddendly bank to the right.

I think the effect is esagerated from the fs2020 weather.

In these 2 videos you can see 0knt and 32 knt wind condition.

Obviusly the wind effect is something worse in fs2020 but for example CRJ always go straight like a sword.

thanks for your help

0 knots wind and second video 32knot wind

Please login to view this video.

Please login to view this video.

• Developer

Well crosswind is a touchy subject. It starts with the intensity. You put 5 kts x-wind in the wind definitions and you see double the figure on the GPS.

And unfortunately the x-wind effect is not properly absorbed by the ground friction. 

The CRJ is less sensitive from its length and shape.

13 hours ago, TheInternetLad said:

Could be torque, maybe try turning down throttle? I get this too, usually i just go slower and it fixes itself.

I did, I note that if i'm stay below 13-15KNT is controllable. During TO roll i can't put Rudder trim following the checklist on the right because the plane suddendly go to right extremly

13 hours ago, metzgergva said:

Well crosswind is a touchy subject. It starts with the intensity. You put 5 kts x-wind in the wind definitions and you see double the figure on the GPS.

And unfortunately the x-wind effect is not properly absorbed by the ground friction. 

The CRJ is less sensitive from its length and shape.

Thanks for your answer, you mean that is normal due limitation in FS2020 to controll the plane on the runway?

Obviusly same problem happening in the Landing phase

Ok i find a compromise (for me):

- propellers at minimum during taxi (following the checklist)

- put not 10 degrees on rudder trim during TO but halfway (maybe 5 degrees) see my screenshoot.

In this way the plane going fine.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

The rudder trim indication is not perfect on this Twotter. Just like many other details are not in new state. So you will see that at mid position it is a bit to the left and so what you found is just right to adapt to a bit off indicator.

Archived