Screens black and EFB won't turn on

John2

When I launch the aircraft (CRJ900) it comes up with dark screens and the EFB tablet doesn't turn on when I click on it. The external power says it is in use. Now I am on the beta version of the sim (1.21.18.0) so it may be related to that but can you think of something I might have done wrong?

15 minutes ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

@John2 @LH4371 is also on the BETA and reporting that everything works just fine (somewhere here on the forum and also other forums).

Maybe a reinstall of the CRJ??

I will try that.

It appears to have something to do with the SU7 Update beta and just affects a subsequent flight. If you delete the files in the aerosoft-crj folder (not the work folder) and reload the plane it works. You do get the initial long load time so it is doing an initializing load.

50 minutes ago, Marcus Key said:

I've been in the beta since it was available and never had this problem until today. If I uninstall and reinstall it works but the next time I load it up the EFB won't turn on again. 

That's right it affects the subsequent flight. As Hans has said, the workaround is to restart the flight [esc] [restart] and it reloads ok. Hans is working with Asobo on a fix.

On 12.12.2021 at 21:52, Marcus Key sagte:

I've been in the beta since it was available and never had this problem until today.

same yesterday. Started with the FBW into EDDM and when I switched to the CRJ for EDDM to LOWI all screens blank. Note that ESC to the main menue and restarting the flight did actually not work yesterday, tried it three times. Will try now again for my first flight today 

EDIT: working now

Archived