What is the planned timeframe for next update to the CRJ?

meurkel

Mathijs has said you are planning an update for after the 900/1000 and Twin Otter release. I was wondering if you could tell us if we expect it in a month or say 3 months and roughly what you intend to improve?

One of the things to he probably addressed in the coming update is to revert the changes in the previous update which caused the knob turning animations no longer responding to LVARs. Due to this bug, I'm considering reinstalling CRJ from my backup copy of the pre-update installer.

1. The update will probably publish when it's ready.  Knowing when that will be is of zero consequence to anyone.  It won't make it faster; it won't make it slower.  It will however cause grief and angst when it is 30 seconds later than announced.

@steku

2. I have zero issues with AAO scripts.  This is like the 3rd or 4th time that you attempt to post this is what is very easily shown as the WRONG area and clear hijack.  

This could be anything from the sim update to the latest version of AAO to the CRJ.  If you look around in the correct forum you will find a potential fix for this and I will make it easy for you by copying and pasting it below, all credit to the original post author.  For the life of me I cannot figure out why people cannot use the tools available to them.  Things like the search function on this forum, Google, etc.  If you can't do those simple things, when the update is planned to be released is not going to do you any good, or when it is released, it won't do you any good.

Here it is on a silver platter:

Before accusing me of breaking the rules I would rather suggests reading SimWare's answer to my post:

"I confirm that the ASCRJ_FCP_HDG_SEL Lvar is currently not making the button visually turn.

This is a consequence of the latest update indeed".

Before posting originally, I checked the solution you linked and it doesn't work. I also downgraded AAO to verify if the issue is not introduced by AAO update.

Does it work for you? Are you able to trigger knob turning animation for heading select via LVAR? To avoid hijacking this thread anymore, I would ask you to continue discussion under controllers forum area.

7 hours ago, steku said:

Before accusing me of breaking the rules I would rather suggests reading SimWare's answer to my post:

"I confirm that the ASCRJ_FCP_HDG_SEL Lvar is currently not making the button visually turn.

This is a consequence of the latest update indeed".

Before posting originally, I checked the solution you linked and it doesn't work. I also downgraded AAO to verify if the issue is not introduced by AAO update.

Does it work for you? Are you able to trigger knob turning animation for heading select via LVAR? To avoid hijacking this thread anymore, I would ask you to continue discussion under controllers forum area.

Yes.  I have no issues to complain about.

• Deputy Sheriffs

meurkel, from the header in the Products Preview Page: Please do not ask for release dates because if we can say we would have posted it here and if we do not know we can't say. Any dates that are given should be seen as indications and not promises.

Software development isn't a linear process, and resources are liable to be temporarily diverted to other projects, so It's unlikely you'll see anything public until very shortly before release if then.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived