CRJ 700 and 900 FMC Nav Data KJFK to KBOS

I set up the following route via Simbrief and imported it into the fs2020 CRJ900.

Route: 

OFP ROUTE:
-KJFK/31L F230 GREKI7 JUDDS DCT GRAYM V1 WHYBE DCT KBOS/27
-DIST 205-

This imported fine and showed correctly in the MFD. The reason I am writing this is I wanted to look at other options and selected another SID. When I went back to select the GREKI7 I couldn’t see it in the FMC. There were only two SIDs available in the FMC. When I check Navigraph and Simbrief there are many more. I am wondering/curious why the SIDS are not available in the FMC? I am using Navigraph and updating it via their tool. I tested the 700 and 900 with the same results. I have not tested with FBW yet.

As I understand it, the Navigraph CRJ installer (those "as_crj_pro_nnnn.exe" files) only installs to the 550/700 location at the moment (...\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\aerosoft-crj\Data\NavData).  So as a workaround you need to copy those files into the 900/1000 folder.  But it sounds like you already have that sorted out, since you're working with both the 700 and 900.

The only other thing I can think of (although it doesn't really make sense to me) is to make sure your Navigraph entry for MSFS itself is BELOW all of the airport entries in the Content.xml file (...\LocalCache\Content.xml).  My understanding from some discussion on the Navigraph boards is that this prioritizes the updated nav data over any default entries.

I usually go in and move these two lines to the bottom of the file:

<Package name="fs-base-nav" active="false"/>              <---  This is the MSFS default entry
    <Package name="navigraph-navdata" active="true"/>    <---  Updated Navigraph entry  (added by the Navigraph Navdata Center)

I'm not sure why this would interfere with the nav data in the FMC, but perhaps it's worth a look.

Cheers,

Eric

Eric, thanks for the info.  As you suspected I copied the 700 files to the 900/1000 nave data location so yes they are the same now.  I will try your fix with the context file.  Pretty strange you need to dig that deep. 😂

again thx for the guidance

Dennis

Regarding updating the Navigraph data for the 900/1000, I enquired with Navigraph about that, and they confirmed they will be updating their Data Center app very soon (possibly this week) to accommodate that

Archived