Unable to xmit with vPilot

Raptor05121

Hello all. Wonderful aircraft. I am facing an issue with the CRJ- I cannot seem to be able to transmit on vpilot. I am doing the cold & dark startup and have the aircraft configured the same as we do IRL. I have searched the forums and tried binding an avionics master switch to a key and still no avail. Any help? I would love to fly this online.

On 11/21/2021 at 2:38 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Search the forums as I recall this being discussed a few times.

Greetings Mathijs,

I am no stranger to searching before posting and have spent the last few hours scouring the forums before starting this topic- I've only found a handful of replies referring to "enabling avionics master" which I've done to no avail.

Puuhbear, yes, the radios are not "on" according to Vpilot when I manually power up the aircraft in the cold and dark mode. As now, the only way for me to enjoy this aircraft on VATSIM/vPilot is with having the aircraft in the "ready for taxi" state to power the radios which is no fun for me.

36 minutes ago, Raptor05121 said:

Greetings Mathijs,

I am no stranger to searching before posting and have spent the last few hours scouring the forums before starting this topic- I've only found a handful of replies referring to "enabling avionics master" which I've done to no avail.

Puuhbear, yes, the radios are not "on" according to Vpilot when I manually power up the aircraft in the cold and dark mode. As now, the only way for me to enjoy this aircraft on VATSIM/vPilot is with having the aircraft in the "ready for taxi" state to power the radios which is no fun for me.

I have tried to replicate this.  I have over 200 hours now in the MSFS version and start from cold and dark every time.  Every hour is on VATSIM and I use the radios to change freqs.  Are you running Vpilot in Administrator mode? That is the only thing I can think of.  Another possibility is the livery you use.  I know it sounds weird and crazy, but liveries that are not made correctly can have impacts on the sim, even if they are not being used.  To test, I would remove all add-on liveries for the CRJ if you have any and then test with only the default liveries.  I cannot pinpoint what your problem is, however I am 100% certain it lies with your system or the use of your system and not the CRJ. 

Just one other idea.  If you have not done so, I highly recommend you create a blank controller profile for every controller you have.  Everything from keyboard, mouse, yoke/joystick, rudder pedals etc.  Then build the profile how you want it from scratch.  This is the ONLY way to ensure that some crazy key bind will not interfere with your enjoyment.  I repeat, the ONLY WAY.  Now this was unacceptable to me because not only would I have to do the initial set up work for each aircraft, but I would have to remember to switch profiles when I switched aircraft.  Also, one of the first updates completely removed my custom profiles.  So I use Axis and Ohs. 

12 hours ago, Crabby said:

I have tried to replicate this.  I have over 200 hours now in the MSFS version and start from cold and dark every time.  Every hour is on VATSIM and I use the radios to change freqs.  Are you running Vpilot in Administrator mode? That is the only thing I can think of.  Another possibility is the livery you use.  I know it sounds weird and crazy, but liveries that are not made correctly can have impacts on the sim, even if they are not being used.  To test, I would remove all add-on liveries for the CRJ if you have any and then test with only the default liveries.  I cannot pinpoint what your problem is, however I am 100% certain it lies with your system or the use of your system and not the CRJ. 

Crabby, thanks- running it in administrator mode seemed to have solved it! Green radios as soon as AC power is established. Thanks! I hope this helps anyone else in the future.

10 hours ago, Raptor05121 said:

Crabby, thanks- running it in administrator mode seemed to have solved it! Green radios as soon as AC power is established. Thanks! I hope this helps anyone else in the future.

You are welcome.  After years of flight simming and add-ons, I now automatically just run everything as admin.  See you on VATSIM!

Archived