Unable to reach cruise altitude - Suggestions?

I'm sure this is pilot error, but the aircraft is really struggling to reach cruse altitude on this flight.

As you can see from the screenshot, vertical speed is non existent, and its just struggling to maintain speed 

Happy to provide any information!

UPDATE: I dropped the speed and it climbed to altitude as expected. I assume 290 was the suggested climb speed though?

Please login to display this image.

@Jersey1985 You should transition from IAS to Mach earlier during the climb.  Typically, this occurs at 290 kts = M 0.74 (about 29,000 ft).  It should also happen automatically at 31,600 ft (which will be closer to 290 kts = M 0.77).  Trying to climb at M 0.81 will result in very slow vertical speeds, as most of the thrust is needed just to maintain your airspeed (the typical CRJ cruising speed is ~0.78).

13 hours ago, FlyByWire128 said:

@Jersey1985 You should transition from IAS to Mach earlier during the climb.  Typically, this occurs at 290 kts = M 0.74 (about 29,000 ft).  It should also happen automatically at 31,600 ft (which will be closer to 290 kts = M 0.77).  Trying to climb at M 0.81 will result in very slow vertical speeds, as most of the thrust is needed just to maintain your airspeed (the typical CRJ cruising speed is ~0.78).

Thanks so much, appreciate the note. Will go away and do a bit of research!

14 hours ago, FlyByWire128 said:

Max power and cant maintain altitude. No idea whats happening!

Please login to display this image.

2 hours ago, Puuhbear said:

you are just way to slow. try not to drop below around M 0.7

that’s the issue. I’m at full throttle abs still losing altitude and speed. 

4 hours ago, Jersey1985 said:

that’s the issue. I’m at full throttle abs still losing altitude and speed. 

The issue is that you got "too slow" and have fallen behind the power curve... with the speed gone and your angle of attack is now put you on the backside of the drag curve....  You need to pitch the nose over and get yourself back to speed... even if it means you need to descend a few thousand feet to create the energy to gain speed...

Once you get back to Mach .74 or faster you will be able to set a and ALTS and then use SPEED mode with a Mach speed of .74 or faster..

Archived