no function it doesn`t work

Hi everyone
today my cdu was delivered and i tried it out witout any propper results.
After connecting to my pc the win 10 installation message are corret and complete. USB device now ready.
Ok, then i start my Simulator (P3d v4.4) and NGxU (PMDG). No action by the cdu. Only the start screen is working.

NGxU ini is changed for simconnect.
What can i do? I can`t find any information for troubleshooting.
My Hardware that i use for my sim#:
Open cockpits NAV 2x / ATC Modul 1x / Com 1x
CP Flight FMC
some Arduinos with Mbiflight

FSUIPC and WideServer installed

Thanks for help.

Thats my start page:

I have the exact same issue with my unit.

UPDATE:

After restarting the machine and downloading the software on this forum, CockpitSumulator v0.9.99 the unit seems to be more functional. As far as I can tell, the software needs to be running when the simulator is running in order for the device to work. Testing that now.

I am still unable to update the firmware to the latest version though.

Hi all,

For FW update please follow the below steps:

1. Unplug CDU;
2. Press INIT + 5 and hold;
3. Plug in CDU while holding above two keys
4. Keypad flashing
5. Click START FLASH on software page

Do not shutdown power during flashing

10 hours ago, samsoir said:

I have the exact same issue with my unit.

UPDATE:

After restarting the machine and downloading the software on this forum, CockpitSumulator v0.9.99 the unit seems to be more functional. As far as I can tell, the software needs to be running when the simulator is running in order for the device to work. Testing that now.

I am still unable to update the firmware to the latest version though.

Yes the software needs to be run at all times

23 hours ago, Detlef Krueger said:

After disconnect and connect the screen is flashing
after two minutes flashing ends and  the start screen see above :

please update the FW and try:

1. Unplug CDU;
2. Press INIT + 5 and hold;
3. Plug in CDU while holding above two keys
4. Keypad flashing
5. Click START FLASH on software page

Do not shutdown power during flashing

29 minutes ago, Detlef Krueger said:

it sucks.... It was offered plug and play... The youtube tutorial video explained it as plug and paly. Now i need another tool... Ok.
I installed it and MS detect a virus...
Top Work....

You will always need a piece of software which translates the functions from the software (FSX/P3D/XP) to the hardware (CDU). In this case if you have the software running there is no additional need to map buttons etc.

The question what was offered!
And now i have to config my virusscan (Windows) for the virusdetection!
I have to start this tool together with my sim or before. Its not possible to start it direct from my P3d, like CP Flight Moduls or other Software. FW flashing doesn`t work also not correct.

18 minutes ago, Detlef Krueger said:

I have to start this tool together with my sim or before. Its not possible to start it direct from my P3d, like CP Flight Moduls or other Software. FW flashing doesn`t work also not correct.

For P3D I used my own bat file, so with 1 program I could start P3D, ActiveSky etc... It looked like this:

start /d "C:\P3D Tools\AS_P3Dv4" AS_P3Dv4.exe
start /d "D:\Prepar3D v4" Prepar3D.exe

Exit

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Detlef Krueger said:

Top Work....

If the file does not contain a virus (and believe me it does not) I think you should not complain to us but to the company who provides the virus definitions. 

False positives are a huge problem for us, but some of the companies who make virusscanners simply do care and not not reply to our emails when we point out that their scanner makes a mistake.  

13 hours ago, Detlef Krueger said:

it sucks.... It was offered plug and play... The youtube tutorial video explained it as plug and paly. Now i need another tool... Ok.
Top Work....

Hi please see this link for the latest SW update. This v0.9.99 does not have virus: 

On 6/28/2021 at 7:58 PM, Detlef Krueger said:

Hi everyone
today my cdu was delivered and i tried it out witout any propper results.
After connecting to my pc the win 10 installation message are corret and complete. USB device now ready.
Ok, then i start my Simulator (P3d v4.4) and NGxU (PMDG). No action by the cdu. Only the start screen is working.

NGxU ini is changed for simconnect.
What can i do? I can`t find any information for troubleshooting.
My Hardware that i use for my sim#:
Open cockpits NAV 2x / ATC Modul 1x / Com 1x
CP Flight FMC
some Arduinos with Mbiflight

FSUIPC and WideServer installed

Thanks for help.

Thats my start page:

Hi Detlef,pls make sure the cockpit simulator software is remain working.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2021 at 6:07 AM, Detlef Krueger said:

Sounds like just you who cannot get this to work.

Following the instructions provided by @Wilson Cockpitmaster I had no problems - just be nice to have those instructions in the box ;) 

Also, are you actually running windows 7?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2021 at 9:07 PM, Detlef Krueger said:

All FS hardware that has both input output bus requires a software to bridge. E.g. CDU, MCP, Radio Panel. Even if you are using Saitek/Logitech device that has display, you also requires their software to interface between the sims and hardware. There's no workaround. 

When a manufacturer states plug n play, it meant the device is programmed and mapped ready to be use without the additional programing or mapping knowledge such as those using FSUIPC or LINDA. For those device or own built device there's a tedious process of coding each control key to get the correct behaviour in the sims.

Flight Sim is a long journey and will have its own satisfaction when you get all different things to come together and work. It requires a lot of patience, troubleshooting skills and a passion to learn continuously. I hope you start to enjoy the journey and find great joy in the process. Cheers, have fun and fly safe!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

I really second MaveG on his/her last post above.

I also add (and pardon me if I am repeating myself across this forum) not to rely on "Plug and Play - default - automatic assignments"

Lots of assignment will be made based on standard basic schemes of most common default airplanes.

Moreover, these assignments assume the controller you just connected is the only one in use.
---> It may then assign functions that are already assigned to another connected controller.

It was fine in the 90' when only one or two devices could connect to a very basic simulator.
But nowadays, the amount of connectable devices and available assignables functions make the default assignmants 
obsolete and VERY misleading.
Just forget about them and start from scratch and assign each button and axis to the EXACT function you need. Not more, not less.

Don't fly where your mind hasn't been 5 minutes before

Dont press a joystick button you haven't assigned yourself before.

Here are some guidelines to stay out of trouble as much as possible : 

Archived