CRJ Sound Mod FTSim issue with MSFS Marketplace ( CRJ) edition

Seth2021

There is a new sound mod for CRJ by FTSim which is not working with Market Place edition. Those who bought the aircraft directly from Aerosoft shop dont have any issue. 

Looks like there is no sound.xml file on sound folder which possibly cause this issue. The weird part is that many Default Asobo Aircrafts have this xml file, so its weird that affects only Aerosoft CRJ.

If someone can help i appreciated 

Thanks

Seth

24 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Why would you think this is down to Aerosoft to sort, It's clearly a 3rd party addon that's not working.

I mentioned " If someone can help i appreciated" and didn't demand for any fix. Also i want to know why on Market place edition there are fewer files on Sound folder compared with Aerosoft Shop CRJ.

I believe the question is pertinent, the CRJ from markeplace, that i bought  too, have files encrypted in a different way. Aerosoft could help to understand what is different between versions and the 3rd party developer could solve the problem.

Ok let me help.  When you buy ANYTHING from the market place, they add a DRM layer on top of the standard files.  This is downloaded to your computer in an encrypted format.  When you call the add on into the sim (like choosing to fly the CRJ) the files are decrypted by the sim and things run.  When you buy direct from the publisher/developer, you will get the files in the manner in which they intend you to get them.  In the case of AS, you get the unencrypted files.  If someone makes a mod (authorized or not) and you install it, you are doing so at your own risk and responsibility to trouble shoot.  This can include liveries too as many that can be found will cause problems with add on planes.  This sound mod being spoke of, was it shown to work with the update that Asobo just pushed out?  That is one thought.  For anything deeper you must go to the source, either Asobo for market place purchases or whoever made the sound files.  

1 hour ago, Rodrigo d'Alincourt said:

I believe the question is pertinent, the CRJ from markeplace, that i bought  too, have files encrypted in a different way. Aerosoft could help to understand what is different between versions and the 3rd party developer could solve the problem.

The 3rd party developer, i.e. sound modifier which is not developing, should not be developing/modifying anything if he/she does not understand the system.  

5 hours ago, Crabby said:

Ok let me help.  When you buy ANYTHING from the market place, they add a DRM layer on top of the standard files.  This is downloaded to your computer in an encrypted format.  When you call the add on into the sim (like choosing to fly the CRJ) the files are decrypted by the sim and things run.  When you buy direct from the publisher/developer, you will get the files in the manner in which they intend you to get them.  In the case of AS, you get the unencrypted files.  If someone makes a mod (authorized or not) and you install it, you are doing so at your own risk and responsibility to trouble shoot.  This can include liveries too as many that can be found will cause problems with add on planes.  This sound mod being spoke of, was it shown to work with the update that Asobo just pushed out?  That is one thought.  For anything deeper you must go to the source, either Asobo for market place purchases or whoever made the sound files.  

First of all, thank you for your help and details. I used many times sound mods like FTSim/Blue Sky star  for X-Plane and now for MSFS. Never had any issue similar like that

The weird part is that 787,747,A320 and some other default aircrafts from MSFS worked perfectly with  FTSim sound mods with out any issue.

Now that you mentioned how Market Place files encryption works, everything is clear.

thanks

Seth

6 hours ago, Crabby said:

The 3rd party developer, i.e. sound modifier which is not developing, should not be developing/modifying anything if he/she does not understand the system.  

Thanks for the help Crabby! I believe that FTSim developers didn't know the issue, because the sound mod was released two days ago. I've reported to FTSim about the issue and they were surprised about the two versions of CRJ and the missing files like sound xml, i hope they find a way.

• Aerosoft
On 6/27/2021 at 12:15 AM, Rodrigo d'Alincourt said:

Thanks for the help Crabby! I believe that FTSim developers didn't know the issue, because the sound mod was released two days ago. I've reported to FTSim about the issue and they were surprised about the two versions of CRJ and the missing files like sound xml, i hope they find a way.

But keep in mind there are no 'missing' files. they are just encrypted and not visible.  You are simply not able to do a lot of modifications on the Marketplace add-ons.

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But keep in mind there are no 'missing' files. they are just encrypted and not visible.  You are simply not able to do a lot of modifications on the Marketplace add-ons.

Yes, I should have made that clear.  

• 2 months later...

I've successfully installed the FTSim sound pack with the marketplace version of CRJ, no problem at all, just follow the instructions. You shouldn't be tinkering with the contents of the sound folder inside aerosoft-crj.

Archived