UPDATE NEWS: Twin Otter X V1.10 Update Now Available.

Shaun Fletcher

Hello Folks,

The Twin Otter X V1.10 update is now available from the FAQs/Updates section from www.aerosoft.com

The files size is a little over 75megs and contains numerous fixes and updates. (Listed below)

Download the file to a temp location on your PC and extract to the Root folder of FSX using the option "Use Folder names"

Or unzip to a temp location and copy the two folders (Aerosoft & Simobjects) to the root folder of FSX and allow to overwrite.

There is a new Load Manager program within the Aerosoft Twin Otter folder, if you intend to use this frequently you may want to

add a shortcut onto your desktop as it wont be in the Start Menu in windows.

The new Load Manager.

twinotterx_33.jpg

Below is a list of fixes and changes.

HISTORY / CHANGE LOG

1.00 Release

1.10 update

Bugs fixed;

- Flight Models changed

- Radio problems solved

- Call signs all updated

- Gear up landing issue resolved

- Typo removed in Flugfélag Íslands

- Fuel level annunciator lights mixed around

- Beta lights changed

- Wires on ski model added

- Prop drection changed

- Nav Lights Chiliean Otter changed

- Win Air Livery updated

- Manual updated to show all changes

Requested changes done;

- Avionics switch added

- DME added

- Marker Beacons added

- Glide Slope Indicator added to HSI

- Changes in 2D panels

- Floater views changed

- Ski animation now better

- Load module by Hans Hartmann added.

You will find this it in the folder

FSX Main Folder/Aerosoft/Twin Otter

Remaining known issues

- Glide slope indicator should remain visible

Pleas also check the new manual that comes with the 1.10 update.

It contains usefull stuff on the new Loadmanager, DME, Marker beacon Lights as well as a table with engines settings for the various phases of flight.

Finn

I am downloading the full version now as I had been waiting for this patch to be completed. Will the downloaded version be v1.1 or should I also get the patch?

Thanks

Brent

Download the patch. I´m sure the download version still is 1.00.

Unzip to a temporary folder and copy all content into Your "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" main folder. And You are good to go.

We where late today getting the 1.10 update ready. Thats also why there is no installer, but just a .zip file.

We thought that alot of users would be happy to get it before the weekend.

And by the way Privat-cowboy "needed" it for his new FTX :-D

Regards

Finn

Thank you for all of the hard work and effort to make this stunning plane even better. This is precisely why I feel comfortable buying from Aerosoft! 8)

Thank you for your diligent and dogged pursuit of quality. This aircraft is now pretty much one of three favorites. No 1 position is my ATR 72-500. But the Twotter is giving it competition for that spot. Aerosoft, though is my most trusted company.

Are you trying to steal Hans? :D

If You mean Hans Hartmann.

Look at the Loadmanager, thats actually his work ;-)

So we don´t steal Hans, we cooperate with him, cause Hans is his own !

Finn

Gentlmen,

What do these % mean?

Manual page 26:

Takeoff: 10%

Takeoff Max STOLE: 20%

Enroute Climb: 0%

Landing: 37.5%

Landing Max STOL: 37.5

Sincerely,

Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Thanks.

Isn't it 40 but 37.5?

Furthermore, the dhc6-300-wheel_ref.htm describes:

Normal Approach, Flaps 20

STOL Approach, Flaps 40

Sincerely,

Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Thanks.

Isn't it 40 but 37.5?

Furthermore, the dhc6-300-wheel_ref.htm describes:

Normal Approach, Flaps 20

STOL Approach, Flaps 40

Sincerely,

Kan-ichiro Fushihara

It says 40 on the indicator in the plane (real one too) but it is actually

37.5 degrees.

When I flew it, I used 20 on long runways (but that was usually the copilot's leg so I didn't see many long runways :shock: ) and I used 30 on the short ones. For me 30 was the best compromise: if things went wrong and a go around was necessary it was easier to transition to climb from 30 and also the airplane tended to not float as much for the landing.

Other guys did it different ways, but most pilots I flew with did not use

37.5 routinely.

cheers,

steve :)

Thank you for all of the hard work and effort to make this stunning plane even better. This is precisely why I feel comfortable buying from Aerosoft! 8)

Exactly what I wanted to say :) Listening to customer input and making changes accordingly is a great way to do business.

Tom

Wow, nice update, fixed everything that was on the list, and more, perfect. THanks very much, I now know how I will spend the weekend. And since we have a major snow blizzard in Ohio/USA where I live, I don't even have to goto work today. Even more time to fly this great plane.

Ok many thanks for the updates it succeeded very good! Nevertheless I would be a small remark, as I already wrote the mistake in the Britisch Airways in the file DHC6_texture_2_T.dds still there. And a question: will there be one to amphibians version

Best regards: Laszlo

• Aerosoft
Ok many thanks for the updates it succeeded very good! Nevertheless I would be a small remark, as I already wrote the mistake in the Britisch Airways in the file DHC6_texture_2_T.dds still there. And a question: will there be one to amphibians version

Best regards: Laszlo

Damn, missed that spelling error, no big deal, we are collecting a few last issues based on what we see here and we will include that.

No amphibious version planned, sorry.

Damn, missed that spelling error, no big deal, we are collecting a few last issues based on what we see here and we will include that.

No amphibious version planned, sorry.

He isn't talking about a spelling mistake, it was a coincidence that he happened to spell British wrong. What he means is the BA motive logo on the left hand side of the twotter is mirrored, the motive should be at the front of the plane on both sides.

It should be like the second image.

• Aerosoft

He isn't talking about a spelling mistake, it was a coincidence that he happened to spell British wrong. What he means is the BA motive logo on the left hand side of the twotter is mirrored, the motive should be at the front of the plane on both sides.

It should be like the second image.

Ahhhh, I thought we had a bug from version 1.00 back, there it was wrong in the aircraft.cfg.