Loss of power

Alan Coates

Checked the FAQs - no solution found

Last two flights I have lost a lot of power. Noticed something was wrong when taxiing, usually when you start to move, idle is fast enough and on occasion you need slight brakes. Now I have to use more power, idle is not enough. Got the CRJ configured (all weights etc entered) with no errors or omissions showing and flaps at 8, on take-off I get poor power, need to put it to MAX and quickly pull up the gear then flaps to stop stalling. Had to do the, thankfully, relative short flight in CLIMB mode all the way. The plane was in a steep AOA (spoilers and flaps in stowed config) . Trying any adjustment was really difficult. I did manage to land safely but it was terrifyingly difficult. Did this for two flights in different locations. Had done a dozen flight before this with no problems at all. Any ideas people?

Not really, but something has to have changed so you are in the best position to try and work out what that was.

You are looking for something that changed that is you "wouldn't think would cause and issue" of course, because I suspect if you "thought it could cause the issue" you wouldn't be here 🙂

Ive been getting the same issue since the first update!! really sluggish, struggle getting to F370 now!! Taxing feels like the brakes are on!! i usually set the ZFW in the EFB, instead of pass/fuel, based of my simbrief, but i think it is jumping up 1000kg at some point after i set it, pushing me over MZFW, ive only done 2 flights so far, but see if you can confirm this as a bug? 

There is a bug which causes the plane's performance to drop massively if you use the pause function (escape key). It has been mentioned here that Aerosoft is looking into it. It seems to be intermittent, I have not had it since the update.

Try to avoid pausing the sim.

I have this issue as well. Can't confirm that pausing caused it but I did press pause after loading to change the throttle preset.

I did not manage to climb at a reasonable rate and got stuck at FL30 - would climb further at 290kt speed hold even with MAX power - trying with V/S ended up in stall or 0 climb.

Had to disconnect my VATSIM flight as I did not find a viable solution.

My setup is simple - TCA Throttle with correct settings (linear, etc.) - sim throttle showed correct position. Really can't say what it was what caused it.

I had several flight yesterday to setup and test my new TCA throttle with no issues. 

I made a new flight - EIDW-EDDS. Very bad climb rate from the beginning - didn't even reach 20.000 in a reasonable time.

Not sure if I do something wrong or if it is the plane.

Here a video maybe somebody spots a mistake:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vtdkeq1i8b3ujwq/Microsoft Flight Simulator 2021.04.01 - 23.46.54.01.mp4?dl=0

You will also notice micro stutters in the video which I only have in the CRJ.

• 10 months later...

It happened to me as well. I was flying at FL350 for about 30-40 mins when suddenly with N1 at 88 I found my self struggling to keep the aircraft from stalling.

Full throttle and the IAS couldn't rise beyond 150. I mean come on Aerosoft, it is 2022 and this issue is still topical? I 'm considering asking for a refund.

Archived