Release - DHC-6 Twin Otter X

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Spirit Flyer,

I tweaked around the files to get that result... I'll have to redo it since I just installed 1.11 update and didn't backup my changes.

It's quite easy to do...

Limp,

It took an evening of detective work and trial and error, but it was worth it! Thanks Limp for the inspiration. Viva le Quebec, and long live Canada!

Spirit Flyer

FSX+Vancouver Plus+GEX+FEX+UTX+FSG+Aerosoft Twin Otter

Intel 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHZ

4.00 GB

Asus Nvidia Ge Force 8800 GT

Realtek HD Audio

Vista 64, SP1

Average Frames=Lots and lots

Fun Factor=5.5 out of 5.9

For those looking for an amphibian otter, if aerosoft is going to make one in the future, and interim is adding the contact points to the cfg and creating them in a way so as they are like beaching gear. I did this and it works out well. Though it doesn't show the wheels I can still take off and land from run ways, and they retract, so landing on water, or skidding onto a runway is still an option.

• 2 weeks later...

Add my name to those that are disappointed by a lack of an amphibious version of the Twin Otter. :( I just purchased the Otter last night, and it is a phenomenal aircraft, however with all the versions that *are* included (how many real-world otters are equipped with the gear/ski combo in comparison to the number of real-world amphibian otters?) it boggles my mind that the amphibious version would be left out.

In any case, it seems 1.11 is the final version, so I would like to add my support for an additional payware addon amphibian version. I'd gladly pay $10 US to add an amphibious version of this otherwise great aircraft. So how about it, Aerosoft? Is there any possibility of creating an amphibious version that could be purchased as an upgrade, for those of us who have already bought the Twin Otter?

I'm overall impressed with the aircraft, but am *extremely* disappointed by the omission of an amphibious version, as amphibs are my favorite planes to fly.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and here's hoping that an amphibious version will be released at some point in the future (hopefully near future) as either a service pack or as a purchasable upgrade for existing Twin Otter X owners.

-George

Add my name to those that are disappointed by a lack of an amphibious version of the Twin Otter. :( I just purchased the Otter last night, and it is a phenomenal aircraft, however with all the versions that *are* included (how many real-world otters are equipped with the gear/ski combo in comparison to the number of real-world amphibian otters?) it boggles my mind that the amphibious version would be left out.

In any case, it seems 1.11 is the final version, so I would like to add my support for an additional payware addon amphibian version. I'd gladly pay $10 US to add an amphibious version of this otherwise great aircraft. So how about it, Aerosoft? Is there any possibility of creating an amphibious version that could be purchased as an upgrade, for those of us who have already bought the Twin Otter?

I'm overall impressed with the aircraft, but am *extremely* disappointed by the omission of an amphibious version, as amphibs are my favorite planes to fly.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and here's hoping that an amphibious version will be released at some point in the future (hopefully near future) as either a service pack or as a purchasable upgrade for existing Twin Otter X owners.

-George

Didn't you check the product page or search the forums? I am pretty sure "amphibian" is not listed in the types of the aircraft included on the product page. I also think there were many inquiries on the forum as to whether a amphibian would be included, and the reply was "no."

Didn't you check the product page or search the forums? I am pretty sure "amphibian" is not listed in the types of the aircraft included on the product page. I also think there were many inquiries on the forum as to whether a amphibian would be included, and the reply was "no."

Not really sure where you're going with this? I never said I was "unaware" that an amphibian wasn't included, I said it "boggled my mind" that with all the other variations that *were* included that the amphibian would be left out.

Also, earlier in this thread, when an amphibian was asked about... well, here's what I read:

Hello,

What about the Anphibian version, is there really not one of those? This is the only otter version I've ever flown from the Lago Twotter. I live in Florida, and there is no other version to fly here other than the Anphib. Please make one and I'll be a happy camper.

See ya, Rockitglider

I knew you would get on my ass for that, lol. Sorry, not right now, perhaps later.

There are also several other posts in this thread that have shown other folks have an interest in an amphibious version, and were willing to pay additional money for the amphibious version. I added my support to that, as I'm happy with the aircraft, and wouldn't hesitate to pay an additional charge for an amphibious version add-on. Sometimes developers do like to hear what their end-users would like to see in future versions of their products, or even add-ons to their products, so I simply agreed with previous requests in *this* thread that I would be a willing customer should Aerosoft decide to create an amphibious version.

Your post seemed to add nothing to the discussion, and actually seemed as if you were attempting to talk down to me because I'm disappointed that Aerosoft chose to not create an amphibious version. So am I wrong becuse I wished to voice support to let them know that there are customers out there that *are* interested in an amphibious version... even at an additional cost?

I sincerely hope you don't work for Aerosoft, because if the tone of your post is representitive of the attitude that Aerosoft takes toward customer requests, then perhaps I should look elsewhere for future FSX add-on purchases.

-George

If I remember right, Mathjis Kok from Aerososft said, that an amphibian version might be developed later this year if sales of the current Twin Otter X went well !

Wothan

If you are looking for an amphibian in the mean time, I added the contact points for the float version for the beaching gear. It works really well, and gives the nose up position of the beaching gear.