Release - DHC-6 Twin Otter X

Hey Mathijs,

If you knew then why didn't you have the modeler make one :D . I'm going to buy it anyway, just waiting for payday. I really would love an anphib, so whatever you can do would be great. I'll just have to find some water fields in miami and Cocoa Beach to launch from for now. The model looks great BTW. 8) Kudos to the creator!

See ya, Rockitglider 8)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The airstairs are not always fitted. The aircraft TF-JMD below is the exact same, but with some years between (repainted), the first without airstairs and the second with airstairs:

I absolutely recognize that not ALL twotters have or had airstairs. The airstairs in the lower picture you posted are EXACTLY what I am talking about, and are the STANDARD config (also see the link below):

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0736039

Ah well...at this rate, I'm betting the next release will be a KC-135-- without a boom!

...I'll probably eventually buy the Twotter to fly the RNoAF versions-- but I still really want the STANDARD airstair config....we'll see

Kent 8)

In fairness the issue with stairs integrated into the door is entire due to intended purpose. The double door has no stairs because it is intended to be a cargo door. The single door has the stairs in the door because it is intended to be for passenger service.

Ken

• Aerosoft
I absolutely recognize that not ALL twotters have or had airstairs. The airstairs in the lower picture you posted are EXACTLY what I am talking about, and are the STANDARD config (also see the link below):

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0736039

Ah well...at this rate, I'm betting the next release will be a KC-135-- without a boom!

...I'll probably eventually buy the Twotter to fly the RNoAF versions-- but I still really want the STANDARD airstair config....we'll see

Kent 8)

Keep in mind that these simplifications were also done to keep the model small and fast. We have not added a lot of things that would only be usable when you are parked. Not the blocks, not the pogo stick, no 'remove before flight' things. What we do have is framerate, on many customer machines the aircraft is faster then default aircraft.

We do extensive customer research and items like this are always looks into. All customers love these additional animations and the first few days they open and close doors all the time. A few weeks later the novelty of these things wore off. They fly the aircraft and don't play spotter. Yes it was installed on many models, but there are thousands of items that we did not model, this is just one of them.

Now if we would have a lot of customers asking for it things would be different. But at this moment we do not see this demand.

I for one value that goal. I notice that the Twin Otter has excellent framerates on my machine and in order to obtain that I will gladly give up some of those other candy sources.

Ken

So do I! I don´t use all this stuff at all! I prefer better frames and don´t need flags, remove before flight things, etc. A high quality VC with smooth gauges are more important for me.

I for one value that goal. I notice that the Twin Otter has excellent framerates on my machine and in order to obtain that I will gladly give up some of those other candy sources.

Ken

Agreed 8)

I know... but TMA is one of the few who flies that model, has not been certified for a looong time. On the other hand, they are such a great bgunch of guys we should really do it. Remind me after version 1.10 okay?

TMA -100 paint is ready! Sorry - no 300, but that's life... I also had the very early TMA paint ready, but TMA themselves specifically asked me not to publish as they wish to be remembered in their modern livery.

My especial thanks go to Mr. Bram Steller, MD of TMA, for his kind help and permission to publish their current livery.

Sorry, I have been away this week and didn't have a chance to upload...

...these...

Real World:

Tease.jpg

Tease2.jpg

seashells_1.jpg

seashells_4.jpg

Oh yes - I couldn't resist a "Tail-dragger" landing - the bumper does appear to work in preventing the tail from striking - sparks might have been nice...

seashells_5.jpg

AirAm_1.jpg

AirAm_2.jpg

AirAm_4.jpg

Fictional Paints (these will be available via VFR-Flightsimmer.de

D_IFSX_1.jpg

OE-VFR2.jpg

There is a difference in the last two if you look - at the nationality!

Uploads will happen this weekend!

• Aerosoft
Hi,

How does it compare with the Do-27??

Best regards,

Robin.

Same price, different design ideas (less depth in systems so a lot easier to use, more focussed on flying), better framerates, full FSX, not updated from FS2004, fully SP2 compatible, a lot bigger, one extra engine.

But of course they are two totally different aircraft, very hard to compare them as they got totally different roles.

I was able to find one of the skins: Air Seyehelles and its great, also love the new view from seat 2 in the cabin. Will keep looking for the others.

Chrisb, where can we download the skins?, nice job

Oh poop! I uploaded the TMA Skin to "FSX Original Aircraft"

Simply do a search "chris brisland" (that's me :wink: ) or follow this: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=117236

The bonus of searching on my name is that you get to see all my skins... :lol: Who knows, there may be some you haven't seen yet...

The other paints (www.VFR-Flightsimmer.de) will be hosted by that URL

• Aerosoft

Oh poop! I uploaded the TMA Skin to "FSX Original Aircraft"

Simply do a search "chris brisland" (that's me :wink: ) or follow this: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=117236

The bonus of searching on my name is that you get to see all my skins... :lol: Who knows, there may be some you haven't seen yet...

The other paints (www.VFR-Flightsimmer.de) will be hosted by that URL

Chris, great stuff as always. The strong colors do really well on this model!

Found the TMA one now also, will have to download it when I get home, at work now :( but anyway, thanks again for the link, I did the search by your name, and will have to download the skins for the SF 260, and the P51. Great stuff.

Hi Chris!

Thank you very much for the tma paint! It looks really good and I can´t wait to fly it! OH and it´s really nice to see an OE-paint! Just one little hint, nothing important: "OE-X.." are normally helicopters. I think a "F" would be more correct ("OE-F..") but I´m not 100% sure about the F. :wink:

OK.... shut down one of the engines and push the other past the stops - that should give enough spin to satisfy the registrars.

The "Kingfisher paints" are available exclusively via VFR-flightsimmer.de - unless they say otherwise.

This is just wonderful, made a flight around FSAddons freeware Victoria+ and that was the best in a long time...

730746Heaven_01.jpg

I'm having some problems landing here in those tight corners (some bases are located at very challenging locations). If I go down to hard she bounces of the waves (like that stone, you know that game?), to shallow and I run out of real estate quickly. But its incredibly fun.

OK.... shut down one of the engines and push the other past the stops - that should give enough spin to satisfy the registrars.

The "Kingfisher paints" are available exclusively via VFR-flightsimmer.de - unless they say otherwise.

:lol: I´ll give it a try! Thanks for the Kingfisher paints! I´ll get them there! OH and I´ve put your TMA paint on the 100 with wheels and fly it from Torronto in many short hops and some longer distance flights (depends on my time) to Male where I´ll "convert" it to the float version. Seems my helicopters will have some spare time during the next months!

I have been in one of them. Squeeky clean on the outside but smelly on the inside.

Hi everybody

Thanks for all

Did you plan to release a DHC6 Twin Otter for FS2004 ?

With regards

Patrick sicard