A318-319 OR CRJ

Need some advice my friends. I want buy one small airliner but still stuck between those two. Can someone who flies both can give me some sort of constructive pros and cons. I got both V4.5 and V5.

Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Both are totally different aircraft with a totally different handling. Yes we have some pilots who have flown both aircraft (starting with the CRJ many many years ago, now flying the Bus).

If you are new to airliners I would suggest to start with the Bus. Easier to learn, especially with the virtual copilot. If you have flown a 737 (e.g. PMDGs), forget what you learned. Also an aircraft with a total different handling.

Anway I suggest, not to start with both at the same time.

There are two different aircraft concepts.
The Airbuses are more computerized and therefore support the pilot much more than the CRJ. 
The CRJ, for example, has no automatic thrust control in cruise, the pilot has to take care of the right speed himself. 
Both variants have their charms.

What about performance (FPS)? I heard it was an issue for quite a bit of people.

Spec : I7 3770K, 16RAM and GTX 2070 Super.

Archived