P3Dv5 Gibraltar trying to install to C:\P3Dv5 folder?

hey y'all,

When I try running the new installer for Gibraltar it tries to install to an odd location, C : \P3D5 Addons, is this correct?  

OR, should I install it in another folder?

thanks

It's better than most, but you can change it to other locations. Such as a folder if you have one where your other v5 add-ons live. For example, many users created an "Add-ons" folder (without the quotes) so we could put our sceneries outside the sim root folder, thus making it easier to reinstall the sim without losing your add-ons. If you're a v4 user and are also running v5, than to distinguish between your v4 and v5 sceneries main folder, you'd name the one for your v5 add-ons just what the Gibraltar installer suggests. Just don't install it in C:\Program Files, C:\Program Files (x86) or the hidden C:\ProgramData folders.

Roger that Herman, I notice that my Anchorage and Fairbanks do the same thing so I guess it's just what the installer wants, just making sure I didn't have something odd going on and it was ok to alter that folder name.

thanks man 

Say Herman, one more thing, I don't need to reinstall the charts for these airports if I already have a subscription to the NDP Charts correct? I mean, it doesn't add anty8ng it's for only if you don't already have the charts correct?

thanks

The folder c:\P3D Addons is only the default folder the Installer use, behind the line with this folder name you find a button to change it. When it is change, the installer save this path for the next time a V5 Installer is used.

As Herman explain, don‘t use a windows system folder or one inside the P3D Sim folders.

In my case I change this to D:\P3DV5-Addons\Aerosoft, for my still installed P3D V4.5 it is D:\P3DV4-Addons\Aerosoft

As the Addons for V4.x and V5.x have different codes, they should never mixed in the same folders.

• Like 1