NOTAM: Do not use OFFSET for now

Emi

Captains,

there's currently a known issue with the offset function which can cause a crash to desktop.

Especially with the upcoming VATSIM Cross The Pond event we highly encourage you *NOT* to use the OFFSET feature for now.

We know it's a thing you'd commonly see used in oceanic ops and we are working on it, however it's more complex than it initially seemed so there will not be a fix available soon for this.

This said, enjoy your longhauls and maybe we hear each other on the frequency at some point!

• Emi pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

You can try it...still buggy...it was just not adviced during cross the pond. A CTD during that event wouldn't have been funny.

• 1 month later...

Still getting a CTD with the OFFSET. Absolutely disappointed that the problem still hasn't been fixed. Needs to be urgently fixed, especially since the A330 will get more Oceanic activity once the CPDLC/ACARS update comes live, and SLOPS are a huge part of Oceanics.

On 7/18/2020 at 11:57 AM, COR1 said:

Still getting a CTD with the OFFSET. Absolutely disappointed that the problem still hasn't been fixed. Needs to be urgently fixed, especially since the A330 will get more Oceanic activity once the CPDLC/ACARS update comes live, and SLOPS are a huge part of Oceanics.

Please provide me with more data to reproduce.

Last time I tried several times what Emanuel had but had no luck! So maybe your details would be helpful at last!

So, if the CTD is recreatable, please describe your steps before that happens.

Also include some files: *.flp flight route file, if was used;

the files from related "Data" folder (e.g. "<Documents>\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A330 Professional\Data\") (make sure you have "Logging=1" in the related FMGS.ini);

and please show me the Windows error report on this CTD.

Thanks in advance!

12 hours ago, Choobe said:

Please provide me with more data to reproduce.

Last time I tried several times what Emanuel had but had no luck! So maybe your details would be helpful at last!

So, if the CTD is recreatable, please describe your steps before that happens.

Also include some files: *.flp flight route file, if was used;

the files from related "Data" folder (e.g. "<Documents>\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A330 Professional\Data\") (make sure you have "Logging=1" in the related FMGS.ini);

and please show me the Windows error report on this CTD.

Thanks in advance!

Try flying a typical NATOTS route (eg. NAT A: PIKIL [latlongs] HOIST) and set the SLOP to start at the entry point and finish at the exit point. The issue I had was that the offset start had a kinked route, then when the plane intercepted the offset, it then resulted in the CTD. I sadly don't have the log to hand, and I didn't enable logging. I'm currently at the latest beta version. If all else fails, I'll do another flight with the logging enabled.

So I attempted another Transatlantic flight using NAT A and got the same issue. This is what happens when I set the SLOP to start at the beginning of the NAT and end at the exit:

Please login to display this image.

I entered R2, and got the kink in the intercept. When I tried R20, the kink was eliminated and the offset was more natural, but then after it enters the SLOP, the current waypoint went crazy (goes back and fourth between the next waypoint and the one after). So I cancelled it and tried again with R2 on the current waypoint, and then the sim started going crazy with the audio stuttering and the system grinding to a halt. When I managed to regain control, I cancelled the offset, then tried again, and the system suddenly froze and was on its way to CTD.

As for the Windows error report, this is what it said from last time:

Please login to display this image.

The route was as follows:

[CoRte]
ArptDep=EGLL
ArptArr=KMCO
RwyDep=EGLL27R
RwyArr=KMCO18R
SID=UMLA1F
STAR=CWRLD4
SID_Trans=UMLAT
Airway1=T418
Airway1FROM=UMLAT
Airway1TO=WELIN
Airway2=T420
Airway2FROM=WELIN
Airway2TO=TNT
Airway3=UL28
Airway3FROM=TNT
Airway3TO=RODOL
Airway4=UM65
Airway4FROM=RODOL
Airway4TO=TENSO
Airway5=L603
Airway5FROM=TENSO
Airway5TO=REMSI
DctWpt6=APSOV
DctWpt6Coordinates=55.823056,-10.000000
DctWpt7=PIKIL
DctWpt7Coordinates=56.000000,-15.000000
DctWpt8=5720N
DctWpt8Coordinates=57.000000,-20.000000
DctWpt9=5830N
DctWpt9Coordinates=58.000000,-30.000000
DctWpt10=5840N
DctWpt10Coordinates=58.000000,-40.000000
DctWpt11=5650N
DctWpt11Coordinates=56.000000,-50.000000
DctWpt12=JANJO
DctWpt12Coordinates=54.033333,-57.000000
Airway13=N558A
Airway13FROM=JANJO
Airway13TO=TAFFY
DctWpt14=ENE
DctWpt14Coordinates=43.425672,-70.613525
DctWpt15=EMJAY
DctWpt15Coordinates=40.093025,-73.261753
Airway16=J174
Airway16FROM=EMJAY
Airway16TO=SWL
DctWpt17=CEBEE
DctWpt17Coordinates=36.881339,-76.158197
DctWpt18=WETRO
DctWpt18Coordinates=36.387494,-76.442728
DctWpt19=DIW
DctWpt19Coordinates=34.568536,-77.452936
DctWpt20=GRDON
DctWpt20Coordinates=29.377972,-80.646642

The version I'm using is the latest beta.

Thank you for the update!

That looks promising, as I retried the offsets recently but couldn't reproduce the CTD. Will retry with new data soon!

On 7/25/2020 at 9:04 AM, COR1 said:

The route was as follows:

Thanks again, for the extra info! I think I am finally able to reproduce.

A fix is being tested at the moment, will let you know soon!

3 hours ago, Choobe said:

Thanks again, for the extra info! I think I am finally able to reproduce.

A fix is being tested at the moment, will let you know soon!

Thank you so much! I look forward to having the fix so then I can finally fly the SLOP CTD-free, and I'm also excited for the CPDLC and ACARS update.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, masterhawk said:

New OFFSET is avail. Complete reworked. 
Now also correct Thales design instead of the Honeywell one.

Was wondering why it didn't look Thales-esque, but that crossed my mind. Thanks for correcting it, and most of all, for fixing the OFFSET!

Archived