Support overload. We are currently seeing 65% more demand for support then we normally see. We can only assume this is because more people are at home due to the corona crises. Our complete support staff is online and they are working flat out, but it will take some days before we can scale up resources. Please be patient.

Sign in to follow this  
Winrodgers

Altitude Hold

Is there any to tighten up the altitude hold. I realize the plane was not like today's jets, but I'm seldom sure if it's working because it porpoises so much. Anyone know of a code change to adjust this problem. It takes the fun out of flying a plane I love.

Hi, you need remote virtual cockpit for iPad for example. it works to hold alt or hold airspeed. I think its free.

regards

Use the Autopilot that is part of the AC.

Once engaged and you are at your cruise altitude, engage the lever on the right hand side of the Autopilot cluster and the AC continues at your chosen altitude

cheers

Peter

On 3/12/2020 at 5:57 AM, Winrodgers said:

Is there any to tighten up the altitude hold. I realize the plane was not like today's jets, but I'm seldom sure if it's working because it porpoises so much. Anyone know of a code change to adjust this problem. It takes the fun out of flying a plane I love.

Yes, I've found that that the alt hold porpoises a little too, but possibly not in all areas of the flight regime. Didn't notice any oscillationi until the last couple hundred miles of a long flight (Johannesburg to Manchester), after the final step climb to FL380.

I'll look at this again.  I made a change to get more realism in another area and the AP porpoising in some conditions is the result.  There is some code to mitigate the behavior, but maybe I could find a better solution.  We'll see.