Aerosoft official retail partner for Microsoft Flight Simulator !! 
Click here for more information

Jump to content
captainluk

Rudder issue

Recommended Posts

Hello, I am writing this e-mail as I am pretty disappointed and cannot play the game correctly. For some reason, everytime I launch a flight, my rudder activates itself (basically meaning that everytime I start the plane and the hydraulic systems, the rudder is automatically (without me pressing anything) going to turn left or right). This happens all the time and takes complete control of thw aircraft disallowing me to make any turns. So whenever I start taxiing, the rudder will start turning whatsoever direction and I won’t have any control over it. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I cannot play the game until the solution is found.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Are you sure you don't have autorudder activated?

I did at first and then turned it off and nothing changed so the rudder kept turning. I tried using a 787 and it did the same thing so it must be a general fsx issue

58 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Which Sim in which exact version?

Which exact version of the Airbus?

It’s FSX:SE and it does it for every type of aircraft 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I would dlete the FSX.cfg file, probably something wrong there

 

I’ll try doing that, but I suppose that it’s pretty necessary for the well functioning of the app, what do I replace it with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, captainluk said:

I’ll try doing that, but I suppose that it’s pretty necessary for the well functioning of the app, what do I replace it with?

 

It is automatically rebuilt the next time you start FSX.  If that doesn't fix things, you'll need to cut and paste the "Standard" file located in the Controls folder, which is located in the same Roaming folder as the FSX.cfg file.  Move the Standard file to your desktop, and don't delete it until you see it's been rebuilt when you start up FSX again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, captainluk said:

t’s FSX:SE and it does it for every type of aircraft 

And as it is not specific with the Airbus, I move the topic to the general section

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2019 at 6:58 AM, captainluk said:

...It’s FSX:SE and it does it for every type of aircraft 

Sounds to me like it’s controller related. Do check your axis assignments in the sim to ensure you have your rudder controller associated with the rudder axis and no other controllers are associated with that axis. If you’re using FSUIPC, please reply back and I’ll walk you through how to trouble shoot that.

 

If the above suggestions don’t help, I'd next consider a bad rudder hardware controller. If you haven’t already, go to the “Devices and Printers” applet in Windows “Control Panel.” Right click on your rudder controller, then choose “Game controller settings” from the resulting menu. Next, click on “Properties” for that controller. The resulting pop-up will visually show the signal from the controller. If you’re not sure which axis it is, just bump a pedal and you’ll see it move. Then watch that axis display for a minute or so. Does it “jitter” or even randomly spike? If so, the controller pot is bad and it’s time for a new controller. If it looks OK, click on the “Settings” tab in the controller pop-up and carefully run the “Calibration” process. Then test the rudder control on a stock aircraft to see if this helps.

 

When done, please report back on the results.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Herman said:

Sound like it’s controller related. Do check your axis assignments in the sim to ensure you have your rudder controller associated with the rudder axis and no other controllers are associated with that axis. If you’re using FSUIPC, please reply back and I’ll walk you through how to trouble shoot that.

 

If the above suggestions don’t help, I'd next consider a bad rudder hardware controller. If you haven’t already, go to the “Devices and Printers” applet in Windows “Control Panel.” Right click on your rudder controller, then choose “Game controller settings” from the resulting menu. Next, click on “Properties” for that controller. The resulting pop-up will visually show the signal from the controller. If you’re not sure which axis it is, just bump a pedal and you’ll see it move. Then watch that axis display. Does it “jitter” or even randomly spike? If so, the controller pot is bad and it’s time for a new controller. If it looks OK, click on the “Settings” tab in the controller pop-up and carefully run the “Calibration” process. Then test the rudder control on a stock aircraft to see if this helps.

 

When done, please report back on the results.

That's it, it randomly spikes as soon as I give it a bare touch. Will look into a new one. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to hear you found the issue. Now is a great time of year to find deals on sim hardware, or to add it to a wish list for someone to fill.

 

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...