Honeycomb Controls Program: the variables list

• Deputy Sheriffs

I am not a developer, nor a cockpit builder, so I have been struggling a bit to find the correct variables and conditions that are used in P3Dv4, for setting up the buttons and switches in the 'Honeycomb Controls' program (a.k.a. 'YokeInput.exe') supplied by Aerosoft.  The manual refers to the site http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/LearningCenter.php.

However, that means a lot of searching, so I share with you the correct URL listing the variables for P3Dv4:

Key events (K:): http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/references/variables/event_ids.html

Simulation variables (A:): http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/references/variables/simulation_variables.html

The local variables (L:) are part of the aircraft you are using, so must be published by it's developer.

Unfortunately you have to type them in manually.

Enjoy setting  up your Honeycomb Alpha flight controls!

• Aerosoft

Thank you Eric,

just remember: no one is forcing you to make use of the provided utility. The yoke will also work without it, if you intend to use the basic functionality P3D provides for control assignments. You can also mix the ways you assign functions and only use the utility for those, where you need special behaviour that is not possible with P3D alone (like with the L:Vars you mentioned). Just make sure you don't have double assignments.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Benjamin, I mostly use A2A planes, and would appreciate if you (or someone else) could make a template for those. The battery switch only wants to switch off, not on, and the avionics master switch is a problem. Maybe all L:Vars. And of course the trimming is sooo slow, unless you use the A2A input configurator for that.

I am also considering if it is not easier to us FSUIPC, since that program list all available variables.

• Aerosoft
vor 8 Stunden , Eric Bakker sagte:

Benjamin, I mostly use A2A planes, and would appreciate if you (or someone else) could make a template for those. The battery switch only wants to switch off, not on, and the avionics master switch is a problem. Maybe all L:Vars. And of course the trimming is sooo slow, unless you use the A2A input configurator for that.

I am also considering if it is not easier to us FSUIPC, since that program list all available variables.

Hi Eric,

I don't own any A2A plane currently, so I cannot tell how they work internally. But we can certainly discuss and see what we can do about them. But of course you can also experiment with FSUIPC and see if you can get it running.

As you guys wait for further aircraft profiles, one thing you can do is use the Macro capability in FSUIPC for switches that don't use standard ESP command binds.

Honestly, I don't bother with this, I merely flip the switch in the VC, but I know that some others like to map just about everything they can, so the Macro function in FSUIPC is the fastest and easiest solution for that.

Best wishes!

• Herman locked this topic

Archived