enabling LOC while still in NAV mode

keenrw

Hi

Just wondering (might just be me) does any one else have an problem with enabling LOC while still in NAV mode? once on the later stages of the app while still on NAV mode with the ILS tuned in if i press the  LOC button  the Airbus wants to start turning ...my understanding is that while in NAV mode it will still continue Uninterrupted towards the next fix or following the route while LOC is enabled .....a work around for me at least is to keep it in nav mode (dosnt happen when using heading select can enalbe LOC and it will stay on the heading it intersepting the LOC) then once the LOC needle starts moving  press the LOC/APP button or just use Heading select.

Thanks

Rich

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Rich,

Do you have a screenshot when this happens? Would happily take a closer look into this but it would help a lot to have full context of the situation where your aircraft is located in relation to the runway centerline and distance from the runway to fully make sure if the behavior is correct. The aircraft could be for example following the enhanced LOC capture function if certain criteria are being met.

I actually just noticed something like this last night as well.  I had set a DIR to waypoint WIKIR on approach to KFLL/28L and activated LOC while still 4-5 miles from interception (from roughly DEKAL, so about 20-30 degree intercept and roughly on g/s) and the a/c immediately started banking to the left.  I quickly turned LOC off and pulled the knob for heading select, then reactivated managed NAV.  Then a little closer to intercept, I reactivated LOC, the a/c quickly and slightly banked left but restabilized on the NAV course until getting closer where it did intercept the LOC normally.

Hi

Here is a follow up to my issue which should be about the 64 bit version but was posted in the 32 bit forum by mistake ... this was a short test flight from EGSS to EGKK , i used the approach from TIMBA .. everything went fine  as you can see in pic 3 im flying NAV mode .... pic 2 is after i pressed LOC and  the A/C wanted to turn right too early and follow the LOC  , i expected the PFD to display NAV with LOC armed under it , some may say im too close to the LOC course so this is normal but this happens even if i arm it 5 miles or so from the final app course as some one else has pointed out in the other post.

ref this post  https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/146202-enabling-loc-while-still-in-nav-mode/  

Thanks Rich

Please login to display this image.

• Herman unlocked this topic
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for the screenshots Rich,

This seems to be an issue. I will have a look into it and pass it forward. Thanks for reporting. :)

Archived