Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Jump to content
Meyerflyer

The engine sound issue of the A3XX Professional

Recommended Posts

Is there still being worked on? Engine shutdown sound is still missing almost one year after release. 🙁

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Meyerflyer said:

Is there still being worked on? Engine shutdown sound is still missing almost one year after release. 🙁

 

The engine shut down sound file is present for the CFM and IAE engines, and though I'll have to double check I believe I've always heard them at least on the CFM (that's the aircraft I usually fly).  Are you not hearing the engine shutdown sounds on both aircraft?  The files are there, but I see the amplitude (volume) of the IAE is about 50% less than the sound for the CFM and I don't know if that's right.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

The problem with the engine sound occurs from the release of the aircraft. When I shut the engines down after a flight, the engine sound disappears within one second. One of the several topic:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Vor 1 Stunde, DaveCT2003 sagte:

 

The engine shut down sound file is present for the CFM and IAE engines, and though I'll have to double check I believe I've always heard them at least on the CFM (that's the aircraft I usually fly).  Are you not hearing the engine shutdown sounds on both aircraft?  The files are there, but I see the amplitude (volume) of the IAE is about 50% less than the sound for the CFM and I don't know if that's right.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I would say I did about 150-200 flights since the new 64bit Bus with 70% CFM and 30% IAE flights. I think I had the engine shutdown sound only one single time shortly after release and after that never again.

 

In P3D 4.3, 4.4, 4.5 with any Airbus release. It's always crashing the realism a bit when arriving at the gate and the sound quits within one second. :(

Share this post


Link to post

I sometimes get the shutdown sounds, sometimes not....annoying indeed

(And since P3D 4.5 startup sounds are a mess , too, sometimes they just dont get triggered correctly)

 

A fix for that would really be necessary... :(

Share this post


Link to post

I just tested the CFM and IAE engine shutdown sounds, and they both worked.  As I suspected, the amplitude of the IAE engine sound file was far lower than the CFM and I'll have to speak to our A320 Pilots to see what they think about that.  Below is a video where you should be able to hear them (remember what I said about the IAE volume though).  I cut the video short to reduce the size, but the sounds worked all the way to complete shutdown.

 

What I recommend doing is uninstalling the Airbus, remove any remaining folders, reboot, reinstall with computer security disabled and running the installer "As Admin" (though I'm betting you have already).

 

CFM Video (Engine Shutdown Sounds)

 

 

IAE Video (Engine Shutdown Sounds)

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Before installing Airbus version 1.2.4.0, i uninstalling the old version, removed any remaining folders and reboot computer.  Next i launched the installer "As Admin". After installing 1.2.4.0 i made another reboot of computer and update to version 1.2.4.1. Unfortunately, the problem with engine sound still occurs .


 

Share this post


Link to post

There is no doubt that for some or many people (I dont know) the sounds are working well.

 

But it is also true that for  some or many people (I dont know) they are not, and all the suggested uninstalling and installing doesnt fix that unfortunately. It is a problem since release and I think most of us with the problem have reinstalled the bus several times ever since...

 

I personall dont have any problem with sounds with other addons. Jus the bus makes trouble and sometimes just doesnt trigger sounds correctly.

 

best regards

 

Share this post


Link to post

This isn't a problem I'm familiar with, but that's okay... if you guys are having issues then we want to help!

 

I suppose the first thing would be to ensure that your sounds are where they are supposed to be.  For that, we need to know where P3Dv4 is installed at, where the Airbus is installed at, and then check to see if the sound files are in the proper place.  For my part, I run P3D and the Airbus in the default locations.

 

Looking forward to hearing back from you guys!

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

This isn't a problem I'm familiar with, but that's okay... if you guys are having issues then we want to help!

 

I suppose the first thing would be to ensure that your sounds are where they are supposed to be.  For that, we need to know where P3Dv4 is installed at, where the Airbus is installed at, and then check to see if the sound files are in the proper place.  For my part, I run P3D and the Airbus in the default locations.

 

Looking forward to hearing back from you guys! 

 

 

I have installed P3Dv4 and Airbus on disc D (this isn't default location) :

D:\Prepar3D v4

D:\Prepar3D v4\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional

Files with sound are located in:

D:\Prepar3D v4\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional Base\Sound_CFM

D:\Prepar3D v4\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional Base\Sound_IAE

The sound files are in the folder.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, raf120 said:

 

I have installed P3Dv4 and Airbus on disc D (this isn't default location) :

D:\Prepar3D v4

D:\Prepar3D v4\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional

Files with sound are located in:

D:\Prepar3D v4\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional Base\Sound_CFM

D:\Prepar3D v4\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional Base\Sound_IAE

The sound files are in the folder.

 


Well, I think I see the problem.  The Airbus Pro is not designed to be run in the Prepar3d folder.  It will work to some extent, but as you've seen you'll also have some issues.  Instead, please install in your Documents folder (you can create a new Documents folder on any drive you wish) and then try it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

My Bus is at the installers default location and I dont have a problem with missing files. I have a problem with the files correctly being triggered. That means sometimes they play, sometimes not.

Share this post


Link to post

My Bus is also installed in the documents folder outside the P3D main folder and still no engine shutdown sound.

 

I completely de-installed and re-installed the Bus at least 3-4 times since release, every time with full admin rights and with Kaspersky antivirus completely disabled...

Share this post


Link to post

I have the same experience. No engine shutdown sound. Installed everything in the correct folders.

Share this post


Link to post

Dave, is there anything I can give you to investigate this issue? It seems there are many other users experiencing this.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

 


Well, I think I see the problem.  The Airbus Pro is not designed to be run in the Prepar3d folder.  It will work to some extent, but as you've seen you'll also have some issues.  Instead, please install in your Documents folder (you can create a new Documents folder on any drive you wish) and then try it.

 

 

 

Hello Dave.

I have installed Airbus on "C:\Users\Rafal\Documents\Aerosoft", but unfortunately the problem still occurs.

 

1. When i load the Airbus with cold and dark state, start the engines and shut them down sound disappears.
2. When i load the airbus with engines on (default panel state) and after that i shut them down, the sound is correct. But when I turn engine on and off again, the sound doesn't appear anymore.

I also noticed that when i starting engines , and n1 reaches about 6%, the engines sound disappears for about 1 second and starts again.

Share this post


Link to post

That's a good hint. Dave, did you start with cold and dark state or with engines running?

Share this post


Link to post
vor 4 Stunden , raf120 sagte:

I also noticed that when i starting engines , and n1 reaches about 6%, the engines sound disappears for about 1 second and starts again.

 

I also have problems with the sound when starting engines, especially and cosistently with engine 1 ,  at ignition sometimes the sound stutters for a moment and sometimes the spooling sound just gets cut and I cant here it anymore at all

 

BTW,  another annoying thing which also had been reported right after release but does persist are the clipping noises in the cfm sounds...

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Meyerflyer said:

That's a good hint. Dave, did you start with cold and dark state or with engines running?

 

I used Ready to Start and with engines running.  I did not try C&D, but I will do so this weekend.

 

Sound is tied directly to performance in ESP (the base for FSX and P3D), so if you're having sound issues please check your frame rates.  Anything below 16 or so may be problematic.

 

Something that can help a LOT is adding the following line to your Prepar3d.cfg (always back the file up before editing).  Under the [Sound] section, add the folllowing:  time_constant=0

 

I also recommend ensuring you have the latest sound drivers for your system.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

 

I used Ready to Start and with engines running.  I did not try C&D, but I will do so this weekend.

 

Sound is tied directly to performance in ESP (the base for FSX and P3D), so if you're having sound issues please check your frame rates.  Anything below 16 or so may be problematic.

 

Something that can help a LOT is adding the following line to your Prepar3d.cfg (always back the file up before editing).  Under the [Sound] section, add the folllowing:  time_constant=0

 

I also recommend ensuring you have the latest sound drivers for your system.

 

 

Hi Dave.

I have stable 35 FPS and latest sound driver. I add to Prepare3d.cfg under the [sound] section time_constant=0 and the problem is still occurs.

Share this post


Link to post

That is as intetesting as it is disappointing, and I'm sorry you're still having issues.

 

Are you using Realtec drivers? Additional sound card? Also your complete system specs.

 

If not, I'd like to schedule a Teamviewer session with you on Sunday or Monday. Get Teamviwer installed, let me know your timezone (GMT -6 for me) andwhen you're available. We'll use Discord for voice communications and I will send you the Discord server address a bit later.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Dave, I have a quite powerful system and I normally get minimum 43 FPS even at bis airports like Frankfurt, so definitely no framerate issue.

 

Did you try it out of Cold&Dark mode after completing a flight? If yes and you didn't have the issue, we maybe can do the Teamviewer Session.

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

That is as intetesting as it is disappointing, and I'm sorry you're still having issues.

 

Are you using Realtec drivers? Additional sound card? Also your complete system specs.

 

If not, I'd like to schedule a Teamviewer session with you on Sunday or Monday. Get Teamviwer installed, let me know your timezone (GMT -6 for me) andwhen you're available. We'll use Discord for voice communications and I will send you the Discord server address a bit later.

 

Hi Dave.

Yes i using Realtec driver and i don't have additional sound card. My specs:

Intel i5 9600k

Motherboard MSI GAMING Plus Z390

16gb RAM DDR4

SSD 1 TB

Geforce GTX1060 6gb

Yesterday i bought a new computer and installed new system but problem persist.

Unfortunately, my English isn't perfect and it will be hard for me to speak in this language, so i would prefer to write.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, raf120 said:

Hi Dave.

Yes i using Realtec driver and i don't have additional sound card. My specs:

Intel i5 9600k

Motherboard MSI GAMING Plus Z390

16gb RAM DDR4

SSD 1 TB

Geforce GTX1060 6gb

Yesterday i bought a new computer and installed new system but problem persist.

Unfortunately, my English isn't perfect and it will be hard for me to speak in this language, so i would prefer to write.

 

Were those the specs for the new computer?  If not, can you please provide them?  Did you do a reset after installing the Airbus?  Which version of P3D are you running, and if 4.5 are you running with the HotFix (new P3Dv4.5 Client with Hotfix)?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Meyerflyer said:

Did you try it out of Cold&Dark mode after completing a flight?

 


I did a short flight, a circuit around KPHL, starting with C&D, no sound issues.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...